Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Hebrews 12

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Hebrews . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 ..... Jesus .. the example

12:01 .. therefore .. since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us .. let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the
.......... sin which so easily entangles us .. and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us
12:02 .. fixing our eyes on Jesus .. the author and perfecter of faith .. who for the joy set before him endured the cross .. despising the shame ..
.......... and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God
12:03 .. for consider him who has endured such hostility by sinners against himself .. so that you will not grow weary and lose heart

.................. a father’s discipline

12:04 .. you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin
12:05 .. and you have forgotten the exhortation which is addressed to you as sons .. my son .. do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord ..
.......... nor faint when you are reproved by him
12:06 .. for those whom the Lord loves he disciplines .. and he scourges every son whom he receives
12:07 .. It is for discipline that you endure .. God deals with you as with sons .. for what son is there whom his father does not discipline
12:08 .. but if you are without discipline .. of which all have become partakers .. then you are illegitimate children and not sons
12:09 .. furthermore .. we had earthly fathers to discipline us .. and we respected them ..
.......... shall we not much rather be subject to the father of spirits .. and live
12:10 .. for they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them .. but he disciplines us for our good .. so that we may share his holiness
12:11 .. all discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful .. but sorrowful .. yet to those who have been trained by it ..
.......... afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness

12:12 .. therefore .. strengthen the hands that are weak and the knees that are feeble
12:13 .. and make straight paths for your feet .. so that the limb which is lame may not be put out of joint .. but rather be healed
12:14 .. pursue peace with all men .. and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord
12:15 .. see to it that no one comes short of the grace of God .. that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble ..
.......... and by it many be defiled
12:16 .. that there be no immoral or godless person like Esau .. who sold his own birthright for a single meal
12:17 .. for you know that even afterwards .. when he desired to inherit the blessing .. he was rejected .. for he found no place for repentance ..
.......... though he sought for it with tears

.................. contrast of Sinai and Zion

12:18 .. for you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and to a blazing fire .. and to darkness and gloom and whirlwind
12:19 .. and to the blast of a trumpet and the sound of words which sound was such that those who heard
.......... begged that no further word be spoken to them
12:20 .. for they could not bear the command .. If even a beast touches the mountain .. it will be stoned
12:21 .. and so terrible was the sight .. that Moses said . . . I am full of fear and trembling
12:22 .. but you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God .. the heavenly Jerusalem .. and to myriads of angels
12:23 .. to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who bare enrolled in heaven .. and to God .. the Judge of all ..
.......... and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect
12:24 .. and to Jesus .. the mediator of a new covenant .. and to the sprinkled blood .. which speaks better than the blood of Abel

.................. the unshaken kingdom

12:25 .. see to it that you do not refuse him who is speaking .. for if those did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth ..
.......... much less will we escape who turn away from him who warns from heaven
12:26 .. and his voice shook the earth then .. but now he has promised .. saying .. yet once more I will shake not only the earth ..
.......... but also the heaven
12:27 .. this expression .. yet once more .. denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken .. as of created things ..
.......... so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain
12:28 .. therefore .. since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken .. let us show gratitude ..
.......... by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe
12:29 .. for our God is a consuming fire

Christians have a race to run .. of service and sufferings .. a course of active and passive obedience .. in all of which they need to keep their eyes fixed upon the Lord Jesus .. the best of God’s children may need chastisement .. but afflictions rightly endured .. though they be the fruits of God’s displeasure are yet proofs of his paternal love and designed to fit us better for his service and to bring us closer into his fellowship . . . . v 1-2 Christ is not only the object .. but the author of our faith .. he is the purchaser of the Spirit of faith and the publisher of the rule of faith and the cause of the grace of faith .. he is also the finisher of our faith .. the fulfilling of all Scripture promises and prophecies .. the finisher of grace .. the rewarder of faith and will eventually bring faith to an end by bringing us to himself

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Hebrews 12

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum