Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:54 am

Image Image

Image .....Romans 7:14-25

Sometimes you look at your life and feel downright un-Christian.
You find yourself neglecting to do the good things you should do. And you commit the very sins you hate and know you shouldn’t do.
The conflict inside is real, and it weighs you down more than you care to admit.
Is the struggle with sin part of a healthy Christian’s life? If sin is to be expected, why?
Will I ever have victory over the sins I battle today? In Why Do I Still Sin?,
John MacArthur looks to Romans 7 to provide encouraging, biblical insight into the issue of the Christian and indwelling sin.

.................. The Conflict of Two Natures

the believer and indwelling sin .. part 1 of 2 .. Recorded Mar 06 1983 Image
the believer and indwelling sin .. part 2 of 2 .. Recorded Mar 13 1983 Image
understanding the believer's battle with sin .. part 1 of 2 .. Recorded Jan 01 2006 Image
understanding the believer's battle with sin .. part 2 of 2 .. Recorded Jan 08 2006 Image

Romans 07:14 .. for we know that the Law is spiritual .. but I am of flesh .. sold into bondage to sin
07:15 .. for what I am doing .. I do not understand .. for I am not practicing what I would like to do .. but I am doing the very thing I hate
07:16 .. but if I do the very thing I do not want to do .. I agree with the Law .. confessing that the Law is good
07:17 .. so now .. no longer am I the one doing it .. but sin which dwells in me
07:18 .. for I know that nothing good dwells in me .. that is .. in my flesh .. for the willing is present in me .. but the doing of the good is not
07:19 .. for the good that I want .. I do not do .. but I practice the very evil that I do not want
07:20 .. but if I am doing the very thing I do not want .. I am no longer the one doing it .. but sin which dwells in me
07:21 .. I find then the principle that evil is present in me .. the one who wants to do good
07:22 .. for I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man
07:23 .. but I see a different law in the members of my body .. waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of
......... the law of sin which is in my members
07:24 .. wretched man that I am . . . who will set me free from the body of this death
07:25 .. thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord .. so then .. on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God ..
......... but on the other .. with my flesh the law of sin

The function of the law is to detect and condemn sin .. not to deliver from it .. In the life of the believer there will ever be conflict between grace and corruption in the heart .. between the law of God and the law of sin .. who shall deliver us .. Jesus Christ is the all-sufficient Saviour and Friend .. who has not only purchased our deliverance .. but is our advocate in Heaven .. through whom we may be made victorious . . . . the believer upon acceptance of Christ receives a spiritual nature which begins at once strife with the adamic nature .. which is not eradicated until we stand in Christ’s presence . . . the strife is effectually taken up on the believer’s behalf by the Holy Spirit .. and if the believer will but yield to him in the hour of conflict .. he will take the victory (Romans 8:2 .. Gal 5:16-17)

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum