Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:26 am

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Mark 8

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Mark . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ..... four thousand fed

08:01 .. In those days .. when there was again a large crowd and they had nothing to eat .. Jesus called his disciples and said to them
08:02 .. I feel compassion for the people because they have remained with me now three days and have nothing to eat
08:03 .. If I send them away hungry to their homes .. they will faint on the way .. and some of them have come from a great distance
08:04 .. and his disciples answered him . . . where will anyone be able to find enough bread here in this desolate place to satisfy these people
08:05 .. and he was asking them . . . how many loaves do you have . . . and they said .. Seven
08:06 .. and he directed the people to sit down on the ground .. and taking the seven loaves .. he gave thanks and broke them ..
.......... and started giving them to his disciples to serve to them .. and they served them to the people
08:07 .. they also had a few small fish .. and after he had blessed them .. he ordered these to be served as well
08:08 .. and they ate and were satisfied .. and they picked up seven large baskets full of what was left over of the broken pieces
08:09 .. about four thousand were there .. and he sent them away
08:10 .. and immediately he entered the boat with his disciples and came to the district of Dalmanutha

08:11 .. the Pharisees came out and began to argue with him .. seeking from him a sign from heaven .. to test him
08:12 .. sighing deeply in his spirit .. he said . . . why does this generation seek for a sign .. truly I say to you . . . no sign will be given to this generation
08:13 .. leaving them .. he again embarked and went away to the other side
08:14 .. and they had forgotten to take bread .. and did not have more than one loaf in the boat with them
08:15 .. and he was giving orders to them .. saying . . . watch out .. beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod
08:16 .. they began to discuss with one another the fact that they had no bread
08:17 .. and Jesus .. aware of this .. said to them . . . why do you discuss the fact that you have no bread .. do you not yet see or understand ..
.......... do you have a hardened heart
08:18 .. having eyes .. do you not see .. and having ears .. do you not hear .. and do you not remember
08:19 .. when I broke the five loaves for the five thousand .. how many baskets full of broken pieces you picked up .. they said to him . . . twelve
08:20 .. when I broke the seven for the four thousand .. how many large baskets full of broken pieces did you pick up .. and they said to him . . . seven
08:21 .. and he was saying to them . . . do you not yet understand

08:22 .. and they came to Bethsaida .. and they brought a blind man to Jesus and implored him to touch him
08:23 .. taking the blind man by the hand .. he brought him out of the village .. and after spitting on his eyes and laying his hands on him ..
.......... he asked him . . . do you see anything
08:24 .. and he looked up and said . . . I see men .. for I see them like trees .. walking around
08:25 .. then again he laid his hands on his eyes .. and he looked intently and was restored .. and began to see everything clearly
08:26 .. and he sent him to his home .. saying . . . do not even enter the village

.................. Peter’s confession of Christ

08:27 .. Jesus went out .. along with his disciples .. to the villages of Caesarea Philippi .. and on the way he questioned his disciples ..
.......... saying to them . . . who do people say that I am
08:28 .. they told him .. saying . . . John the Baptist .. and others say Elijah .. but others .. one of the prophets
08:29 .. and he continued by questioning them . . . but who do you say that I am . . . Peter answered and said to him . . . you are the Christ
08:30 .. and he warned them to tell no one about him
08:31 .. and he began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes ..
.......... and be killed .. and after three days rise again
08:32 .. and he was stating the matter plainly .. and Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him
08:33 .. but turning around and seeing his disciples .. he rebuked Peter and said . . . get behind me .. Satan . . .
.......... for you are not setting your mind on God’s interests .. but man’s

08:34 .. and he summoned the crowd with his disciples .. and said to them . . . If anyone wishes to come after me ..
.......... he must deny himself .. and take up his cross and follow me
08:35 .. for whoever wishes to save his life will lose it .. but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel’s will save it
08:36 .. for what does it profit a man to gain the whole world .. and forfeit his soul
08:37 .. for what will a man give in exchange for his soul
08:38 .. for whoever is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation .. the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when
.......... he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels

The bounty of Christ is inexhaustible and he will supply the needs of the body if with it we glorify him .. It is provoking to him when we are overwhelmed with present distrust .. because we so soon forget what we have seen of his goodness in supplying our needs in days past . . . . v 31 the death of Jesus was clearly not one of defeat .. but of victory .. he was not a martyr but a divinely appointed sacrifice .. “Christ that died” would make no gospel if we could not add “And is risen again” .. his resurrection proves that he was “the Christ” (v 29) and that his atoning work is accepted of God and sufficient for all who believe

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Mark 8

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum