Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:00 am

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Philippians 2

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Philippians . 01 02 03 04 ..... be like Christ

02:01 .. therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ .. if there is any consolation of love ..
......... if there is any fellowship of the Spirit .. if any affection and compassion
02:02 .. make my joy complete by being of the same mind .. maintaining the same love .. united in spirit ..
......... intent on one purpose

02:03 .. do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit .. but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves
02:04 .. do not merely look out for your own personal interests .. but also for the interests of others
02:05 .. have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus
02:06 .. who .. although he existed in the form of God .. did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped
02:07 .. but emptied himself .. taking the form of a bond-servant .. and being made in the likeness of men
02:08 .. being found in appearance as a man .. he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death .. even death on a cross
02:09 .. for this reason also .. God highly exalted him .. and bestowed on him the name which is above every name
02:10 .. so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow .. of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth
02:11 .. and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord .. to the glory of God the Father

02:12 .. so then .. my beloved .. just as you have always obeyed .. not as in my presence only .. but now much more in my absence ..
......... work out your salvation with fear and trembling

02:13 .. for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

02:14 .. do all things without grumbling or disputing

02:15 .. so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent .. children of God above reproach in the
......... midst of a crooked and perverse generation .. among whom you appear as lights in the world
02:16 .. holding fast the word of life .. so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain

02:17 .. but even if I am being poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrifice and service of your faith .. I rejoice and share my joy with you all
02:18 .. you too .. I urge you .. rejoice in the same way and share your joy with me

.................. Timothy and Epaphroditus

02:19 .. but I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you shortly .. so that I also may be encouraged when I learn of your condition
02:20 .. for I have no one else of kindred spirit who will genuinely be concerned for your welfare
02:21 .. for they all seek after their own interests .. not those of Christ Jesus
02:22 .. but you know of his proven worth .. that he served with me in the furtherance of the gospel like a child serving his father
02:23 .. therefore I hope to send him immediately .. as soon as I see how things go with me
02:24 .. and I trust in the Lord that I myself also will be coming shortly

02:25 .. but I thought it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus .. my brother and fellow worker and fellow soldier ..
......... who is also your messenger and minister to my need
02:26 .. because he was longing for you all and was distressed because you had heard that he was sick
02:27 .. for indeed he was sick to the point of death .. but God had mercy on him .. and not on him only but also on me ..
......... so that I would not have sorrow upon sorrow
02:28 .. therefore I have sent him all the more eagerly so that when you see him again you may rejoice and I may be less concerned about you
02:29 .. receive him then in the Lord with all joy .. and hold men like him in high regard
02:30 .. because he came close to death for the work of Christ .. risking his life to complete what was deficient in your service to me

The believer should be lowly minded and like-minded .. in conformity to the example of the Lord Jesus .. the great pattern of humility and love in service to man .. He humbled Himself in suffering and death for us .. not only to satisfy God’s justice .. but to set us an example that we might follow His steps .. bearing a resemblance to His life .. since we have profited by His death . . . . v 7-8 Jesus was absolutely divine .. yet absolutely human .. In coming into the world he did not empty himself of his divine nature or attributes .. but only of the outward and visible manifestation of the Godhead .. the insignia of majesty .. he had to empty himself of his glory or he would have paralyzed the men he came to save .. although equal with God .. he took upon himself the form of a servant for our sakes .. that he might meet .. as God manifest in the flesh .. the death of the cross

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Philippians 2

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum