Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:00 am

Image Image Image 02-11-2018 - Philippians 1 - Wayne Cash.....Philippians 4
Image Image Image 02-25-2018 - Philippians 2 - Wayne Cash
Image Image Image 03-11-2018 - Philippians 3 - Wayne Cash
Image Image Image 03-18-2018 - Philippians 4 - Wayne Cash <

Philippians 4 - New International Version (NIV)

Closing Appeal for Steadfastness and Unity

4:1 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends!
4:2 I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord.
4:3 Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel,
along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life.

Final Exhortations

4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
4:5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
4:9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Thanks for Their Gifts

4:10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it.
4:11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
4:12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation,
whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
4:13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
4:14 Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles.
4:15 Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia,
not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only;
4:16 for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid more than once when I was in need.
4:17 Not that I desire your gifts; what I desire is that more be credited to your account.
4:18 I have received full payment and have more than enough. I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent.
They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God.
4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
4:20 To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Final Greetings

4:21 Greet all God’s people in Christ Jesus. The brothers and sisters who are with me send greetings.
4:22 All God’s people here send you greetings, especially those who belong to Caesar’s household.
4:23 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum