Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:04 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Matthew 28

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Matthew . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ..... Jesus is risen

28:01 .. now after the Sabbath .. as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week .. Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave
28:02 .. and behold .. a severe earthquake had occurred .. for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it
28:03 .. and his appearance was like lightning .. and his clothing as white as snow
28:04 .. the guards shook for fear of him and became like dead men
28:05 .. the angel said to the women . . . do not be afraid .. for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified
28:06 .. he is not here .. for he has risen .. just as he said .. come .. see the place where he was lying
28:07 .. go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead .. and behold .. he is going ahead of you into Galilee ..
.......... there you will see him .. behold .. I have told you

28:08 .. and they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy and ran to report it to his disciples
28:09 .. and behold .. Jesus met them and greeted them .. and they came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him
28:10 .. then Jesus said to them . . . do not be afraid .. go and take word to my brethren to leave for Galilee . . . and there they will see me

28:11 .. now while they were on their way .. some of the guard came into the city and reported to the chief priests all that had happened
28:12 .. and when they had assembled with the elders and consulted together .. they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers
28:13 .. and said .. you are to say .. his disciples came by night and stole him away while we were asleep
28:14 .. and if this should come to the governor’s ears .. we will win him over and keep you out of trouble
28:15 .. and they took the money and did as they had been instructed .. and this story was widely spread among the Jews .. and is to this day

.................. the great commission

28:16 .. but the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee .. to the mountain which Jesus had designated
28:17 .. when they saw him .. they worshiped him . . . . but some were doubtful

28:18 .. and Jesus came up and spoke to them .. saying . . . . all authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth
28:19 .. go therefore . . . and make disciples of all the nations .. baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit
28:20 .. teaching them to observe all that I commanded you .. and lo .. I am with you always . . . even to the end of the age

Jesus Christ is declared to be the son of God with power .. by his resurrection from the dead (v 18 Rom 1:4) and the acceptance by the father of his atoning work on the cross is thereby assured for all who will receive it .. those who would be kept in the consciousness of his presence v 20 must attend to that which he has appointed .. the carrying of the message of salvation to all men . . . . the resurrection is the center of all miraculous narratives .. the sun which keeps them in their orbit .. It is the Waterloo of infidelity .. If he did not literally rise from the grave .. not only is his veracity at stake .. but (1 Cor 15) preaching is vain (v 14) .. faith is vain (v 14 &17) .. the witness of the disciples is false (v 15) .. we are yet in our sins (v 17) .. the dead are perished (v 18) .. and our state is most miserable (v 19) .. BUT .. “HE IS RISEN”

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Matthew 28

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum