Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:08 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... I Timothy 4

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

I Timothy . 01 02 03 04 05 06 ..... honor widows

05:01 .. do not sharply rebuke an older man .. but rather appeal to him as a father .. to the younger men as brothers
05:02 .. the older women as mothers .. and the younger women as sisters .. in all purity

05:03 .. honor widows who are widows indeed
05:04 .. but if any widow has children or grandchildren .. they must first learn to practice piety in regard to their own family
......... and to make some return to their parents .. for this is acceptable in the sight of God

05:05 .. now she who is a widow indeed and who has been left alone ..
......... has fixed her hope on God and continues in entreaties and prayers night and day
05:06 .. but she who gives herself to wanton pleasure is dead even while she lives
05:07 .. prescribe these things as well .. so that they may be above reproach
05:08 .. but if anyone does not provide for his own .. and especially for those of his household ..
......... he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever

05:09 .. a widow is to be put on the list only if she is not less than sixty years old .. having been the wife of one man
05:10 .. having a reputation for good works .. and if she has brought up children .. if she has shown hospitality to strangers ..
......... if she has washed the saints’ feet .. if she has assisted those in distress .. and if she has devoted herself to every good work

05:11 .. but refuse to put younger widows on the list .. for when they feel sensual desires in disregard of Christ .. they want to get married
05:12 .. thus incurring condemnation .. because they have set aside their previous pledge
05:13 .. at the same time they also learn to be idle .. as they go around from house to house .. and not merely idle .. but also gossips and busybodies ..
......... talking about things not proper to mention
05:14 .. therefore .. I want younger widows to get married .. bear children .. keep house .. and give the enemy no occasion for reproach
05:15 .. for some have already turned aside to follow Satan
05:16 .. If any woman who is a believer has dependent widows .. she must assist them and the church must not be burdened ..
......... so that it may assist those who are widows indeed

.................. concerning elders

05:17 .. the elders who rule well are to be considered worthy of double honor .. especially those who work hard at preaching and teaching
05:18 .. for the Scripture says . . . you shall not muzzle the ox while he is threshing .. and the laborer is worthy of his wages

05:19 .. do not receive an accusation against an elder except on the basis of two or three witnesses
05:20 .. those who continue in sin .. rebuke in the presence of all .. so that the rest also will be fearful of sinning
05:21 .. I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of his chosen angels .. to maintain these principles without bias ..
......... doing nothing in a spirit of partiality

05:22 .. do not lay hands upon anyone too hastily and thereby share responsibility for the sins of others .. keep yourself free from sin
05:23 .. no longer drink water exclusively .. but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments
05:24 .. the sins of some men are quite evident .. going before them to judgment .. for others .. their sins follow after
05:25 .. likewise also .. deeds that are good are quite evident .. and those which are otherwise cannot be concealed

Ministers of Jesus Christ are reprovers by office .. for they are not alone to preach the Word .. but correct those who are inconsistent .. a difference is to be made in the reproofs according to the age and circumstances of the persons rebuked .. let them know that they are accountable to God and the Lord Jesus Christ how they have observed the duties of their office .. and woe to them if they have been partial in their ministrations

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... I Timothy 4

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum