Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... I Timothy 2

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

I Timothy . 01 02 03 04 05 06 ..... a call to prayer

02:01 .. first of all .. then .. I urge that entreaties and prayers .. petitions and thanksgivings .. be made on behalf of all men

02:02 .. for kings and all who are in authority .. so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity
02:03 .. this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior
02:04 .. who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth

02:05 .. for there is one God .. and one mediator also between God and men . . . the man Christ Jesus
02:06 .. who gave himself as a ransom for all .. the testimony given at the proper time
02:07 .. for this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth .. I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth
02:08 .. therefore I want the men in every place to pray .. lifting up holy hands .. without wrath and dissension

.................. women instructed

02:09 .. likewise .. I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing .. modestly and discreetly ..
......... not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments

02:10 .. but rather by means of good works .. as is proper for women making a claim to godliness
02:11 .. a woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness

02:12 .. but I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man .. but to remain quiet
02:13 .. for it was Adam who was first created .. and then Eve
02:14 .. and it was not Adam who was deceived .. but the woman being deceived .. fell into transgression
02:15 .. but women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint

Christians are to be men much given to prayer .. and in their prayers having a generous concern for others as well as for themselves .. they are to especially desire for those in civil authority that God will turn their hearts and direct them .. making use of them for the accomplishing of His purposes . . . Christian women are to be modest .. sober .. silent and submissive as becomes their place .. woman was created in subordination to man and was never intended to usurp authority .. but to be a helpmeet . . . . v 5-6 a mediator supposes a controversy .. sin had made a quarrel between God and man .. Jesus Christ .. a mediator .. undertook to make peace . . he gave himself a ransom voluntarily so that all mankind might partake of the common salvation

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... I Timothy 2

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum