Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:30 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... John 7

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

John . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ..... Jesus teaches at the feast

07:01 .. after these things Jesus was walking in Galilee .. for he was unwilling to walk in Judea because the Jews were seeking to kill him
07:02 .. now the feast of the Jews .. the feast of Booths .. was near
07:03 .. therefore his brothers said to him . . . leave here and go into Judea .. so that your disciples also may see your works which you are doing
07:04 .. for no one does anything in secret when he himself seeks to be known publicly .. If you do these things .. show yourself to the world
07:05 .. for not even his brothers were believing in him
07:06 .. so Jesus said to them . . . my time is not yet here .. but your time is always opportune
07:07 .. the world cannot hate you .. but it hates me because I testify of it .. that its deeds are evil
07:08 .. go up to the feast yourselves .. I do not go up to this feast because my time has not yet fully come
07:09 .. having said these things to them .. he stayed in Galilee
07:10 .. but when his brothers had gone up to the feast .. then he himself also went up .. not publicly .. but as if .. in secret
07:11 .. so the Jews were seeking him at the feast and were saying . . . where is he
07:12 .. there was much grumbling among the crowds concerning him .. some were saying . . . he is a good man ..
......... others were saying . . . no .. on the contrary .. he leads the people astray
07:13 .. yet no one was speaking openly of him for fear of the Jews

07:14 .. but when it was now the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple .. and began to teach
07:15 .. the Jews then were astonished .. saying . . . how has this man become learned .. having never been educated
07:16 .. so Jesus answered them and said . . . my teaching is not mine .. but his who sent me
07:17 .. If anyone is willing to do his will .. he will know of the teaching .. whether it is of God or whether I speak from myself
07:18 .. he who speaks from himself seeks his own glory .. but he who is seeking the glory of the one who sent him .. he is true ..
......... and there is no unrighteousness in him
07:19 .. did not Moses give you the Law .. and yet none of you carries out the Law . . . why do you seek to kill me
07:20 .. the crowd answered . . . you have a demon .. who seeks to kill you
07:21 .. Jesus answered them . . . I did one deed .. and you all marvel
07:22 .. for this reason Moses has given you circumcision (not because it is from Moses .. but from the fathers) ..
......... and on the Sabbath you circumcise a man
07:23 .. If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath so that the Law of Moses will not be broken ..
......... are you angry with me because I made an entire man well on the Sabbath
07:24 .. do not judge according to appearance .. but judge with righteous judgment

07:25 .. so some of the people of Jerusalem were saying . . . Is this not the man whom they are seeking to kill
07:26 .. look .. he is speaking publicly .. and they are saying nothing to him .. the rulers do not really know that this is the Christ .. do they
07:27 .. however .. we know where this man is from .. but whenever the Christ may come .. no one knows where he is from
07:28 .. then Jesus cried out in the temple .. teaching and saying . . . you both know me and know where I am from .. and I have not come of myself ..
......... but he who sent me is true .. whom you do not know
07:29 .. I know him .. because I am from him .. and he sent me
07:30 .. so they were seeking to seize him .. and no man laid his hand on him .. because his hour had not yet come
07:31 .. but many of the crowd believed in him .. and they were saying . . . when the Christ comes ..
......... he will not perform more signs than those which this man has .. will he
07:32 .. the Pharisees heard the crowd muttering these things about him .. and the chief priests and the Pharisees sent officers to seize him
07:33 .. therefore Jesus said . . . for a little while longer I am with you .. then I go to him who sent me
07:34 .. you will seek me .. and will not find me .. and where I am .. you cannot come
07:35 .. the Jews then said to one another . . . where does this man intend to go that we will not find him ..
......... he is not intending to go to the dispersion among the Greeks ..
......... and teach the Greeks .. is he
07:36 .. what is this statement that he said .. you will seek me .. and will not find me .. and where I am .. you cannot come

07:37 .. now on the last day .. the great day of the feast .. Jesus stood and cried out .. saying . . . If anyone is thirsty ..
......... let him come to me and drink
07:38 .. he who believes in me .. as the Scripture said .. from his innermost being will flow rivers of living water
07:39 .. but this he spoke of the Spirit .. whom those who believed in him were to receive .. for the Spirit was not yet given ..
......... because Jesus was not yet glorified

.................. division of people over Jesus

07:40 .. some of the people therefore .. when they heard these words .. were saying . . . this certainly is the Prophet
07:41 .. others were saying . . . this is the Christ .. still others were saying . . . surely the Christ is not going to come from Galilee .. is he
07:42 .. has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the descendants of David .. and from Bethlehem .. the village where David was
07:43 .. so a division occurred in the crowd because of him
07:44 .. some of them wanted to seize him .. but no one laid hands on him
07:45 .. the officers then came to the chief priests and Pharisees .. and they said to them . . . why did you not bring him
07:46 .. the officers answered . . . never has a man spoken the way this man speaks
07:47 .. the Pharisees then answered them . . . you have not also been led astray .. have you
07:48 .. no one of the rulers or Pharisees has believed in him .. has he
07:49 .. but this crowd which does not know the Law is accursed
07:50 .. Nicodemus (he who came to him before .. being one of them) said to them . . .
07:51 .. our Law does not judge a man unless it first hears from him and knows what he is doing .. does it
07:52 .. they answered him . . . you are not also from Galilee .. are you .. search .. and see that no prophet arises out of Galilee

07:53 .. everyone went to his home

It is the comfort of those who embrace Christ’s doctrine that it is a divine doctrine .. proven so by the blessed experience of what he promises .. he is the source of the refreshing fountain of the Holy Spirit .. which comes to replenish the soul that thirsts for him .. and to supply a fullness of life that overflows in blessing to other lives . . . . either Jesus was merely “a good man” a “deceiver” .. or what he claimed .. the divine Son of God . . . If he is not what he claimed .. he cannot be a good man . . . those who deny his deity therefore put him on a level with the devil (Rev 20:10)

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... John 7

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum