Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:30 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... John 8

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

John . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ..... the adulterous woman

Jesus, the Friend of Sinners .. John 8:3–11 Nov 9, 1980 Image

08:01 .. but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives
08:02 .. early in the morning he came again into the temple .. and all the people were coming to him ..
......... and he sat down and began to teach them
08:03 .. the scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught in adultery .. and having set her in the center of the court
08:04 .. they said to him . . . teacher .. this woman has been caught in adultery .. in the very act
08:05 .. now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women .. what then do you say
08:06 .. they were saying this .. testing him .. so that they might have grounds for accusing him ..
......... but Jesus stooped down and with his finger wrote on the ground
08:07 .. but when they persisted in asking him .. he straightened up .. and said to them . . . he who is without sin among you ..
......... let him be the first to throw a stone at her
08:08 .. again he stooped down and wrote on the ground
08:09 .. when they heard it .. they began to go out one by one .. beginning with the older ones .. and he was left alone .. and the woman ..
......... where she was .. in the center of the court
08:10 .. straightening up .. Jesus said to her . . . woman .. where are they .. did no one condemn you
08:11 .. she said . . . no one Lord . . . and Jesus said . . . I do not condemn you either .. Go .. from now on sin no more

.................. Jesus Is the light of the world

I Am the Light of the World .. John 8:12–21 Mar 2, 2014 Image

08:12 .. then Jesus again spoke to them .. saying . . . I am the Light of the world .. he who follows me will not walk in the darkness ..
......... but will have the Light of life
08:13 .. so the Pharisees said to him . . . you are testifying about yourself .. your testimony is not true
08:14 .. Jesus answered and said to them . . . even if I testify about myself .. my testimony is true ..
......... for I know where I came from and where I am going ..
......... but you do not know where I come from or where I am going
08:15 .. you judge according to the flesh .. I am not judging anyone
08:16 .. but even if I do judge .. my judgment is true .. for I am not alone in it .. but I and the father who sent me
08:17 .. even in your law it has been written that the testimony of two men is true
08:18 .. I am he who testifies about myself .. and the father who sent me testifies about me
08:19 .. so they were saying to him . . . where is your father .. Jesus answered . . . you know neither me nor my father ..
......... if you knew me .. you would know my father also
08:20 .. these words he spoke in the treasury .. as he taught in the temple .. and no one seized him .. because his hour had not yet come
08:21 .. then he said again to them . . . I go away .. and you will seek me .. and will die in your sin .. where I am going .. you cannot come

The Simple Gospel .. John 8:21–30 Dec 26, 1976 Image

A Plan for Dying in Your Sins .. John 8:21–30 Mar 9, 2014 Image

Four Ways to Miss Heaven .. John 8:21–30 May 4, 1997 Image

Four Marks of a Hell-Bound Man .. John 8:21–30 Feb 11, 1990 Image

08:22 .. so the Jews were saying . . . surely he will not kill himself .. will he .. since he says .. where I am going .. you cannot come
08:23 .. and he was saying to them . . . you are from below .. I am from above .. you are of this world .. I am not of this world
08:24 .. therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins .. for unless you believe that I am he .. you will die in your sins
08:25 .. so they were saying to him . . . who are you .. Jesus said to them . . . what have I been saying to you from the beginning
08:26 .. I have many things to speak and to judge concerning you .. but he who sent me is true .. and the things which I heard from him ..
......... these I speak to the world
08:27 .. they did not realize that he had been speaking to them about the father
08:28 .. so Jesus said . . . when you lift up the Son of Man .. then you will know that I am .. and I do nothing on my own initiative ..
......... but I speak these things as the father taught me
08:29 .. and he who sent me is with me .. he has not left me alone .. for I always do the things that are pleasing to him
08:30 .. as he spoke these things .. many came to believe in him

.................. the truth will make you free

The Freedom of True Discipleship .. John 8:31–36 Mar 23, 2014 Image

08:31 .. so Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed him . . . If you continue in my word .. then you are truly disciples of mine
08:32 .. and you will know the truth .. and the truth will make you free
08:33 .. they answered him . . . we are Abraham’s descendants and have never yet been enslaved to anyone .. how is it that you say ..
......... you will become free
08:34 .. Jesus answered them . . . truly truly I say to you .. everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin
08:35 .. the slave does not remain in the house forever .. the son does remain forever
08:36 .. so if the son makes you free . . . you will be free indeed

False Assurance of the Religious .. John 8:37–47 Apr 13, 2014 Image

08:37 .. I know that you are Abraham’s descendants .. yet you seek to kill me .. because my word has no place in you
08:38 .. I speak the things which I have seen with my father .. therefore you also do the things which you heard from your father
08:39 .. they answered and said to him . . . Abraham is our father .. Jesus said to them . . .
......... If you are Abraham’s children .. do the deeds of Abraham
08:40 .. but as it is .. you are seeking to kill me .. a man who has told you the truth .. which I heard from God .. this Abraham did not do
08:41 .. you are doing the deeds of your father .. they said to him . . . we were not born of fornication .. we have one father .. God
08:42 .. Jesus said to them . . . If God were your father .. you would love me .. for I proceeded forth and have come from God ..
......... for I have not even come on my own initiative .. but he sent me
08:43 .. why do you not understand what I am saying .. It is because you cannot hear my word
08:44 .. you are of your father the devil .. and you want to do the desires of your father .. he was a murderer from the beginning ..
......... and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him .. whenever he speaks a lie .. he speaks from his own nature ..
......... for he is a liar and the father of lies
08:45 .. but because I speak the truth .. you do not believe me
08:46 .. which one of you convicts me of sin .. If I speak truth .. why do you not believe me
08:47 .. he who is of God hears the words of God .. for this reason you do not hear them .. because you are not of God

Jesus Provokes His Enemies .. John 8:48–59 Apr 27, 2014 Image

08:48 .. the Jews answered and said to him . . . do we not say rightly that you are a Samaritan and have a demon
08:49 .. Jesus answered . . . I do not have a demon .. but I honor my father .. and you dishonor me
08:50 .. but I do not seek my glory .. there is one who seeks and judges
08:51 .. truly truly I say to you .. if anyone keeps my word he will never see death
08:52 .. the Jews said to him . . . now we know that you have a demon .. Abraham died .. and the prophets also .. and you say ..
......... If anyone keeps my word .. he will never taste of death
08:53 .. surely you are not greater than our father Abraham .. who died .. the prophets died too .. whom do you make yourself out to be
08:54 .. Jesus answered . . . If I glorify myself .. my glory is nothing .. it is my father who glorifies me .. of whom you say .. he is our God
08:55 .. and you have not come to know him .. but I know him .. and if I say that I do not know him .. I will be a liar like you ..
......... but I do know him and keep his word

Jesus: The Eternal I Am .. John 8:56–59 Jun 27, 2010 Image

08:56 .. your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day .. and he saw it and was glad
08:57 .. so the Jews said to him . . . you are not yet fifty years old .. and have you seen Abraham
08:58 .. Jesus said to them . . . truly truly I say to you .. before Abraham was born . . . I am
08:59 .. therefore they picked up stones to throw at him .. but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple

Jesus was the Light of the world .. the image of the invisible God .. those shall have the light of life who follow him .. being guided away from destroying error and damning sin .. and having that enjoyment of God which will be to them the light of spiritual life in this world and life everlasting in the world to come .. all who will have God for their father must discover him through the Light of the world . . . Jesus Christ was witnessed to by the father .. he was taught by the Father (v 28) .. attended by the father (v 38) .. sent by the Father (v 42) .. honored by the father (v 54) .. known by the father (v 55) .. the power of Christ over the lives of men throughout the centuries demonstrates to a conclusion that he is the one sealed by the father as the Light of the world

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... John 8

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum