Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Hebrews 13

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Hebrews . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 ..... the changeless Christ

13:01 .. let love of the brethren continue
13:02 .. do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers .. for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it
13:03 .. remember the prisoners .. as though in prison with them .. and those who are ill-treated .. since you yourselves also are in the body
13:04 .. marriage is to be held in honor among all .. and the marriage bed is to be undefiled .. for fornicators and adulterers God will judge

13:05 .. make sure that your character is free from the love of money .. being content with what you have ..
.......... for he himself has said . . . I will never desert you .. nor will I ever forsake you
13:06 .. so that we confidently say . . . the Lord is my helper .. I will not be afraid .. what will man do to me

13:07 .. remember those who led you .. who spoke the word of God to you .. and considering the result of their conduct .. imitate their faith
13:08 .. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever
13:09 .. do not be carried away by varied and strange teachings .. for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace .. not by foods ..
.......... through which those who were so occupied were not benefited
13:10 .. we have an altar from which those who serve the tabernacle have no right to eat
13:11 .. for the bodies of those animals whose blood is brought into the holy place by the high priest as an offering for sin ..
.......... are burned outside the camp
13:12 .. therefore Jesus also .. that he might sanctify the people through his own blood .. suffered outside the gate
13:13 .. so .. let us go out to him outside the camp .. bearing his reproach
13:14 .. for here we do not have a lasting city .. but we are seeking the city which is to come

.................. God-pleasing sacrifices

13:15 .. through him then .. let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God .. that is .. the fruit of lips that give thanks to his name
13:16 .. and do not neglect doing good and sharing .. for with such sacrifices God is pleased
13:17 .. obey your leaders and submit to them .. for they keep watch over your souls as those who will give an account ..
.......... let them do this with joy and not with grief .. for this would be unprofitable for you
13:18 .. pray for us .. for we are sure that we have a good conscience .. desiring to conduct ourselves honorably in all things
13:19 .. and I urge you all the more to do this .. so that I may be restored to you the sooner

.................. benediction

13:20 .. now the God of peace .. who brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant ..
.......... even Jesus our Lord
13:21 .. equip you in every good thing to do his will .. working in us that which is pleasing in his sight .. through Jesus Christ ..
.......... to whom be the glory forever and ever . . . amen
13:22 .. but I urge you .. brethren .. bear with this word of exhortation .. for I have written to you briefly
13:23 .. take notice that our brother Timothy has been released .. with whom .. if he comes soon .. I will see you
13:24 .. greet all of your leaders and all the saints .. those from Italy greet you
13:25 .. grace be with you all

Our Lord Jesus purchased us with his blood that he might set us apart a peculiar people zealous of good works .. let us therefore seek to excel in those duties becoming to Christians .. such as brotherly love .. generosity .. contentment .. obedience to those over us .. fixedness in the faith .. patient suffering with him and continual praise . . . . v 12-13 our Lord Jesus was the perfect anti-type of the sin offering .. being offered “without the gate” a striking illustration of his humiliation as a sin bearer .. the believer is therefore exhorted to go forth from the ceremonial law .. from sin .. from the world .. and identify himself with Christ .. being willing to bear his reproach in gratitude for the salvation he has provided

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Hebrews 13

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum