Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Image Image

Image .....Luke 9:23-26

What’s Wrong with Making Unbelievers Feel Comfortable in Church?
On the surface, it makes sense. The Christian’s mandate is to make disciples, so why not make church more attractive to unbelievers? Spice up the presentation.
Tone down the preaching. Tell people that Jesus will meet their felt needs.
But is making unbelievers comfortable truly the way to make disciples? Does promising the lost that Jesus can fix their lives bring them any closer to salvation,
or are we selling them a synthetic gospel that cannot save? For the sake of bigger congregations, are churches today diluting or even neglecting the gospel?
In Hard to Believe, John MacArthur answers those questions, as well as:

What gives the gospel its power, and why are so many of today’s churches failing to tap into it?
What did God truly promise to those who embrace the gospel?
What did Jesus mean when He said, “follow Me”?

030907 the starting principle of discipleship .. Recorded Nov 03 2002 Image

030908 the necessary components of saving faith .. Recorded Nov 10 2002 Image

030909 the gospel: self-love or self-hate .. Recorded Nov 17 2002 Image

030910 the gospel in perspective .. Recorded Nov 24 2002 Image

030911 who's ashamed of whom .. Recorded Dec 08 2002 Image

09:18 .. and it happened that while he was praying alone .. the disciples were with him .. and he questioned them ..
......... saying . . . who do the people say that I am
09:19 .. they answered and said . . . John the Baptist .. and others say Elijah .. but others ..
......... that one of the prophets of old has risen again
09:20 .. and he said to them . . . but who do you say that I am .. and Peter answered and said . . . The Christ of God
09:21 .. but he warned them and instructed them not to tell this to anyone
09:22 .. saying . . . the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes ..
......... and be killed and be raised up on the third day
09:23 .. and he was saying to them all . . . If anyone wishes to come after me .. he must deny himself ..
......... and take up his cross daily and follow me
09:24 .. for whoever wishes to save his life will lose it .. but whoever loses his life for my sake .. he is the one who will save it
09:25 .. for what is a man profited if he gains the whole world .. and loses or forfeits himself
09:26 .. for whoever is ashamed of me and my words .. the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory ..
......... and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum