Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... James 2

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

James . 01 02 03 04 05 ........ the sin of partiality

02:01 .. my brethren .. do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism
02:02 .. for if a man comes into your assembly with a gold ring and dressed in fine clothes .. and there also comes in a poor man in dirty clothes
02:03 .. and you pay special attention to the one who is wearing the fine clothes .. and say . . . you sit here in a good place .. and you say to the poor man . . .
.......... you stand over there .. or sit down by my footstool
02:04 .. have you not made distinctions among yourselves .. and become judges with evil motives

02:05 .. listen .. my beloved brethren .. did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the
.......... kingdom which he promised to those who love him
02:06 .. but you have dishonored the poor man .. Is it not the rich who oppress you and personally drag you into court
02:07 .. do they not blaspheme the fair name by which you have been called

02:08 .. If .. however .. you are fulfilling the royal law according to the scripture .. you shall love your neighbor as yourself .. you are doing well
02:09 .. but if you show partiality .. you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors
02:10 .. for whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point .. he has become guilty of all
02:11 .. for he who said . . . do not commit adultery .. also said .. do not commit murder .. now if you do not commit adultery .. but do commit murder ..
.......... you have become a transgressor of the law
02:12 .. so speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty
02:13 .. for judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy .. mercy triumphs over judgment

.................. Faith and Works

02:14 .. what use is it .. my brethren .. if someone says he has faith but he has no works .. can that faith save him
02:15 .. If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food
02:16 .. and one of you says to them . . . go in peace .. be warmed and be filled .. and yet you do not give them what is
.......... necessary for their body .. what use is that
02:17 .. even so faith .. if it has no works .. is dead .. being by itself
02:18 .. but someone may well say . . . you have faith and I have works .. show me your faith without the works ..
.......... and I will show you my faith by my works
02:19 .. you believe that God is one .. you do well .. the demons also believe .. and shudder
02:20 .. but are you willing to recognize .. you foolish fellow .. that faith without works is useless

02:21 .. was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar
02:22 .. you see that faith was working with his works .. and as a result of the works .. faith was perfected
02:23 .. and the scripture was fulfilled which says . . . and Abraham believed God .. and it was reckoned to him as righteousness ..
.......... and he was called the friend of God
02:24 .. you see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone
02:25 .. In the same way .. was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way
02:26 .. for just as the body without the spirit is dead .. so also faith without works is dead

Those who are possessors of Christ’s salvation .. which the poorest Christian may partake of equally with the rich .. and to which all earthly glory is but vanity .. should not make men’s outward advantages the measure of their respect .. but should love all .. rich or poor .. as themselves .. The certain evidence of faith is good works .. while it is faith that justifies .. the faith that justifies can never be alone . . . . there is perfect harmony between James and Paul on justification .. Paul is considering man in relation to God .. in which he is “justified by faith apart from works” .. James is considering man in relation to his fellowman .. in which case works are the visible evidence of faith .. we have a right to believe that a profession of faith which bears no fruit .. is an empty profession

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... James 2

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum