Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... II Corinthians 11

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

II Corinthians . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 .....Paul defends his apostleship

11:01 .. I wish that you would bear with me in a little foolishness .. but indeed you are bearing with me
11:02 .. for I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy .. for I betrothed you to one husband ..
......... so that to Christ I might present you as a pure virgin

11:03 .. but I am afraid that .. as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness .. your minds will be led astray from
......... the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ
11:04 .. for if one comes and preaches aanother Jesus whom we have not preached .. or you receive a different spirit which you have not received ..
......... or a different gospel which you have not accepted .. you bear this beautifully

11:05 .. for I consider myself not in the least inferior to the most eminent apostles
11:06 .. but even if I am unskilled in speech .. yet I am not so in knowledge .. in fact ..
......... in every way we have made this evident to you in all things

11:07 .. or did I commit a sin in humbling myself so that you might be exalted .. because I preached the gospel of God to you without charge
11:08 .. I robbed other churches by taking wages from them to serve you
11:09 .. and when I was present with you and was in need .. I was not a burden to anyone ..
......... for when the brethren came from Macedonia they fully supplied my need ..
......... and in everything I kept myself from being a burden to you .. and will continue to do so

11:10 .. as the truth of Christ is in me .. this boasting of mine will not be stopped in the regions of Achaia
11:11 .. why .. because I do not love you .. God knows I do

11:12 .. but what I am doing I will continue to do .. so that I may cut off opportunity from those who desire an
......... opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the matter about which they are boasting
11:13 .. for such men are false apostles .. deceitful workers .. disguising themselves as apostles of Christ
11:14 .. no wonder .. for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light
11:15 .. therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness .. whose end will be according to their deeds

11:16 .. again I say .. let no one think me foolish .. but if you do .. receive me even as foolish .. so that I also may boast a little
11:17 .. what I am saying .. I am not saying as the Lord would .. but as in foolishness .. in this confidence of boasting
11:18 .. since many boast according to the flesh .. I will boast also
11:19 .. for you .. being so wise .. tolerate the foolish gladly
11:20 .. for you tolerate it if anyone enslaves you .. anyone devours you .. anyone takes advantage of you .. anyone exalts himself ...
......... anyone hits you in the face
11:21 .. to my shame I must say that we have been weak by comparison .. but in whatever respect anyone else is bold .. I speak in foolishness ..
......... I am just as bold myself

11:22 .. are they Hebrews .. so am I . . . are they Israelites .. so am I . . . are they descendants of Abraham .. so am I
11:23 .. are they servants of Christ .. I speak as if insane .. I more so .. in far more labors .. in far more imprisonments ..
......... beaten times without number .. often in danger of death
11:24 .. five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes
11:25 .. three times I was beaten with rods .. once I was stoned .. three times I was shipwrecked ..
......... a night and a day I have spent in the deep

11:26 .. I have been on frequent journeys .. in dangers from rivers .. dangers from robbers .. dangers from my countrymen ..
......... dangers from the Gentiles .. dangers in the city .. dangers in the wilderness .. dangers on the sea ..
......... dangers among false brethren
11:27 .. I have been in labor and hardship .. through many sleepless nights .. in hunger and thirst .. often without food ..
......... in cold and exposure
11:28 .. apart from such external things .. there is the daily pressure on me of concern for all the churches
11:29 .. who is weak without my being weak .. who is led into sin without my intense concern

11:30 .. If I have to boast .. I will boast of what pertains to my weakness
11:31 .. the God and Father of the Lord Jesus .. he who is blessed forever .. knows that I am not lying
11:32 .. In Damascus the ethnarch under Aretas the king was guarding the city of the Damascenes in order to seize me
11:33 .. and I was let down in a basket through a window in the wall .. and so escaped his hands

It is no pleasure to a good man to speak well of himself .. yet in some cases it is lawful .. namely when it is for the advantage of others or for the vindication of the cause of Christ .. those who boast in the Lord can never boast of what they have done .. though they may glory in what they have suffered for His sake .. thus are false teachers distinguished from true .. for they boast of their works and shun sufferings . . . v 2 .. the Church is the Bride of Christ .. Eph 5:25-32 .. Rev 19:6-8 . . . affianced .. yet not married .. yet as a Body .. the espoused Bride is often found flirting with old lovers of the world .. a source of grief to the true Bridegroom

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... II Corinthians 11

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum