Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:28 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Acts 18

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Acts . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ..... Paul at Corinth

18:01 .. after these things he left Athens and went to Corinth
18:02 .. and he found a Jew named Aquila .. a native of Pontus .. having recently come from Italy with his wife Priscilla ..
......... because Claudius had commanded all the Jews to leave Rome .. he came to them
18:03 .. and because he was of the same trade .. he stayed with them and they were working .. for by trade they were tent-makers
18:04 .. and he was reasoning in the synagogue every Sabbath and trying to persuade Jews and Greeks
18:05 .. but when Silas and Timothy came down from Macedonia .. Paul began devoting himself completely to the word ..
......... solemnly testifying to the Jews that Jesus was the Christ
18:06 .. but when they resisted and blasphemed .. he shook out his garments and said to them . . . your blood be on your own heads ..
......... I am clean .. from now on I will go to the Gentiles
18:07 .. then he left there and went to the house of a man named Titius Justus .. a worshiper of God .. whose house was next to the synagogue
18:08 .. Crispus .. the leader of the synagogue .. believed in the Lord with all his household ..
......... and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized

18:09 .. and the Lord said to Paul in the night by a vision . . . do not be afraid any longer .. but go on speaking and do not be silent
18:10 .. for I am with you .. and no man will attack you in order to harm you .. for I have many people in this city

18:11 .. and he settled there a year and six months .. teaching the word of God among them
18:12 .. but while Gallio was proconsul of Achaia .. the Jews with one accord rose up against Paul and brought him before the judgment seat
18:13 .. saying . . . this man persuades men to worship God contrary to the law
18:14 .. but when Paul was about to open his mouth .. Gallio said to the Jews . . . If it were a matter of wrong or of vicious crime ..
......... O Jews .. it would be reasonable for me to put up with you
18:15 .. but if there are questions about words and names and your own law .. look after it yourselves ..
......... I am unwilling to be a judge of these matters
18:16 .. and he drove them away from the judgment seat
18:17 .. and they all took hold of Sosthenes .. the leader of the synagogue .. and began beating him in front of the judgment seat ..
......... but Gallio was not concerned about any of these things
18:18 .. Paul .. having remained many days longer .. took leave of the brethren and put out to sea for Syria .. and with him were Priscilla and Aquila ..
......... In Cenchrea he had his hair cut .. for he was keeping a vow

18:19 .. they came to Ephesus .. and he left them there .. now he himself entered the synagogue and reasoned with the Jews
18:20 .. when they asked him to stay for a longer time .. he did not consent
18:21 .. but taking leave of them and saying . . . I will return to you again if God wills .. he set sail from Ephesus
18:22 .. when he had landed at Caesarea .. he went up and greeted the church .. and went down to Antioch

.................. third missionary journey

18:23 .. and having spent some time there .. he left and passed successively through the Galatian region and Phrygia .. strengthening all the disciples
18:24 .. now a Jew named Apollos .. an Alexandrian by birth .. an eloquent man .. came to Ephesus .. and he was mighty in the scriptures
18:25 .. this man had been instructed in the way of the Lord .. and being fervent in spirit .. he was speaking and teaching accurately the things concerning Jesus ..
......... being acquainted only with the baptism of John
18:26 .. and he began to speak out boldly in the synagogue .. but when Priscilla and Aquila heard him ..
......... they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately
18:27 .. and when he wanted to go across to Achaia .. the brethren encouraged him and wrote to the disciples to welcome him .. and when he had arrived ..
......... he greatly helped those who had believed through grace
18:28 .. for he powerfully refuted the Jews in public .. demonstrating by the scriptures that Jesus was the Christ

Let the Gospel be propagated .. not by force .. but by fair argument .. meeting the reasonings of sinners with ready answers from the scriptures . . . It is always our duty to testify with all solemnity to Christ’s deity .. especially where men speak reproachfully of him .. thus making ourselves clean from the blood of their souls .. those who have Christ with them need not shrink from pleading the cause of heaven with boldness . . . . v 5 & 28 too much cannot be said of the necessity .. in our preaching or witnessing .. of preaching not ourselves .. but Christ Jesus .. the Lord . . . teaching men from the scriptures the great fundamental doctrine of his deity

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Acts 18

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum