Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... John 12

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

John . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ..... Mary anoints Jesus

12:01 .. Jesus .. therefore .. six days before the Passover .. came to Bethany where Lazarus was .. whom Jesus had raised from the dead
12:02 .. so they made him a supper there .. and Martha was serving .. but Lazarus was one of those reclining at the table with him
12:03 .. Mary then took a pound of very costly perfume of pure nard .. and anointed the feet of Jesus and wiped his feet with her hair ..
......... and the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume
12:04 .. but Judas Iscariot .. one of his disciples .. who was intending to betray him .. said . . .
12:05 .. why was this perfume not sold for three hundred denarii and given to poor people
12:06 .. now he said this .. not because he was concerned about the poor .. but because he was a thief .. and as he had the money box ..
......... he used to pilfer what was put into it
12:07 .. therefore Jesus said . . . let her alone .. so that she may keep it for the day of my burial
12:08 .. for you always have the poor with you .. but you do not always have me
12:09 .. the large crowd of the Jews then learned that he was there .. and they came .. not for Jesus’ sake only ..
......... but that they might also see Lazarus .. whom he raised from the dead
12:10 .. but the chief priests planned to put Lazarus to death also
12:11 .. because on account of him many of the Jews were going away and were believing in Jesus

.................. Jesus enters Jerusalem

12:12 .. on the next day the large crowd who had come to the feast .. when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem
12:13 .. took the branches of the palm trees and went out to meet him .. and began to shout . . .
......... hosanna .. blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord .. even the king of Israel
12:14 .. Jesus .. finding a young donkey .. sat on it .. as it is written
12:15 .. fear not .. daughter of Zion .. behold .. your king is coming .. seated on a donkey’s colt
12:16 .. these things his disciples did not understand at the first .. but when Jesus was glorified ..
......... then they remembered that these things were written of him .. and that they had done these things to him
12:17 .. so the people .. who were with him when he called Lazarus out of the tomb and raised him from the dead ..
......... continued to testify about him . Image Transitioning to the Cross .. 2014
12:18 .. for this reason also the people went and met him .. because they heard that he had performed this sign
12:19 .. so the Pharisees said to one another . . . you see that you are not doing any good .. look .. the world has gone after him

.................. Greeks Seek Jesus

12:20 .. now there were some Greeks among those who were going up to worship at the feast
12:21 .. these then came to Philip .. who was from Bethsaida of Galilee .. and began to ask him .. saying . . .
......... sir .. we wish to see Jesus
12:22 .. Philip came and told Andrew .. Andrew and Philip came and told Jesus

12:23 .. and Jesus answered them .. saying . . . the hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified
12:24 .. truly truly I say to you . . . unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies .. it remains alone ..
......... but if it dies .. it bears much fruit
12:25 .. he who loves his life loses it .. and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal
12:26 .. If anyone serves me .. he must follow me .. and where I am . . . there my servant will be also ..
......... if anyone serves me .. the father will honor him

.................. Jesus foretells his death

12:27 .. now my soul has become troubled .. and what shall I say .. father .. save me from this hour . . .
......... but for this purpose I came to this hour
12:28 .. father .. glorify your name . . . . then a voice came out of heaven . . . I have both glorified it .. and will glorify it again
12:29 .. so the crowd of people who stood by and heard it were saying that it had thundered .. others were saying ..
......... an angel has spoken to him
12:30 .. Jesus answered and said . . . this voice has not come for my sake .. but for your sakes
12:31 .. now judgment is upon this world .. now the ruler of this world will be cast out
12:32 .. and I .. if I am lifted up from the earth .. will draw all men to myself
12:33 .. but he was saying this to indicate the kind of death by which he was to die
12:34 .. the crowd then answered him . . . we have heard out of the Law that the Christ is to remain forever ..
......... and how can you say .. the Son of Man must be lifted up . . . who is this Son of Man

12:35 .. so Jesus said to them . . . for a little while longer the light is among you .. walk while you have the light ..
..........so that darkness will not overtake you . . . he who walks in the darkness does not know where he goes
12:36 .. while you have the light .. believe in the light .. so that you may become sons of light . . . these things Jesus spoke ..
......... and he went away and hid himself from them

12:37 .. but though he had performed so many signs before them .. yet they were not believing in him
12:38 .. this was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet which he spoke . . . Lord .. who has believed our report ..
......... and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed
12:39 .. for this reason they could not believe .. for Isaiah said again
12:40 .. he has blinded their eyes and he hardened their heart .. so that they would not see with their eyes and perceive with their heart ..
......... and be converted and I heal them
12:41 .. these things Isaiah said because he saw his glory .. and he spoke of him
12:42 .. nevertheless many even of the rulers believed in him .. but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing him ..
......... for fear that they would be put out of the synagogue
12:43 .. for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God
12:44 .. and Jesus cried out and said .. he who believes in me .. does not believe in me but in him who sent me
12:45 .. he who sees me sees the one who sent me
12:46 .. I have come as light into the world .. so that everyone who believes in me will not remain in darkness
12:47 .. If anyone hears my sayings and does not keep them .. I do not judge him .. for I did not come to judge the world .. but to save the world
12:48 .. he who rejects me and does not receive my sayings .. has one who judges him .. the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day
12:49 .. for I did not speak on my own initiative .. but the father himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak
12:50 .. I know that his commandment is eternal life .. therefore the things I speak .. I speak just as the father has told me

The most plentiful and powerful means of conviction will not of themselves work faith in the depraved and prejudiced hearts of men .. many hear .. but few heed . . . their final judgment is reserved to the last day .. and the Word of Christ will judge them then and make them answer for all the contempts they have put upon him . . . . The cross of Jesus is the mightiest magnet in the universe .. It is Christ that draws .. and Christ crucified . . . the increase of the church was after his death . . . while he lived we read of thousands miraculously fed .. but after his death we read of thousands added to the church through a single sermon . . . Is there a greater proof of his divine authority today

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... John 12

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum