Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:42 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... I Peter 5

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

I Peter . 01 02 03 04 05 ..... serve God willingly

05:01 .. therefore .. I exhort the elders among you .. as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ ..
.......... and a partaker also of the glory that is to be revealed
05:02 .. shepherd the flock of God among you .. exercising oversight not under compulsion .. but voluntarily ..
.......... according to the will of God .. and not for sordid gain .. but with eagerness
05:03 .. nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge .. but proving to be examples to the flock
05:04 .. and when the Chief Shepherd appears .. you will receive the unfading crown of glory

05:05 .. you younger men .. likewise .. be subject to your elders .. and all of you .. clothe yourselves with humility toward one another ..
.......... for God is opposed to the proud .. but gives grace to the humble
05:06 .. therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God .. that he may exalt you at the proper time
05:07 .. casting all your anxiety on him .. because he cares for you
05:08 .. be of sober spirit .. be on the alert .. your adversary .. the devil .. prowls around like a roaring lion ..
.......... seeking someone to devour
05:09 .. but resist him .. firm in your faith .. knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your
.......... brethren who are in the world
05:10 .. after you have suffered for a little while .. the God of all grace .. who called you to his eternal glory in Christ ..
.......... will himself perfect .. confirm .. strengthen and establish you
05:11 .. to him be dominion forever and ever . . . amen
05:12 .. through Silvanus .. our faithful brother (for so I regard him) .. I have written to you briefly ..
.......... exhorting and testifying that this is the true grace of God .. stand firm in it
05:13 .. she who is in Babylon .. chosen together with you .. sends you greetings .. and so does my son .. Mark
05:14 .. greet one another with a kiss of love .. peace be to you all who are in Christ

Humility is a great preserver of peace and order in the church .. giving to Christ’s ministers a proper attitude toward the flock and to his people a proper submission to their leaders in the Lord .. there is mutual opposition between God and the proud .. but he who is humble before God will find grace for every trial and power to meet every assault of the devil . . . v 6 the best definition of humility is found in John 13:4, 5. Our Lord Jesus was the perfect embodiment of humility.

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... I Peter 5

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum