Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:03 am

Follow the agenda set by church growth experts, business strategists, and opinion surveys, and you’re likely to conclude that building a successful church demands shorter services, larger parking lots, better equipped nurseries, more entertainment, and above all, less preaching and teaching from the Bible .... But John MacArthur contends that the church is not a business, success is not its goal, leadership qualifications aren’t negotiable, and its health is not measured in size, market share, bank account, programs, or its influence or popularity with the world .... So what is the standard for greatness when it comes to your local church? John’s classic study Marks of a Healthy Church identifies the traits that, when true of a church, lead to effectiveness and spiritual growth in the congregation and the community. This study can help you develop your spiritual gifts in a way that builds up fellow believers.

ImageWhat in the World Is the Church to Be ? - Part 1 -- Selected Scriptures Aug 8 1971
ImageWhat in the World Is the Church to Be ? - Part 2 -- Selected Scriptures Aug 15 1971 12082
ImageWhat God Wants the Church to Be -- Selected Scriptures Jan 4 1976
ImageThe Calling of the Church -- Ephesians 1:4-14 Nov 15 1981

Epesians 01:04 .. just as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world .. that we would be holy and blameless before him In love
01:05 .. he predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to himself .. according to the kind intention of his will
01:06 .. to the praise of the glory of his grace .. which he freely bestowed on us in the beloved
01:07 .. In him we have redemption through his blood .. the forgiveness of our trespasses .. according to the riches of his grace
01:08 .. which he lavished on us .. In all wisdom and insight
01:09 .. he made known to us the mystery of his will .. according to his kind intention which he purposed in him
01:10 .. with a view to an administration suitable to the fullness of the times .. that is .. the summing up of all things in Christ ..
......... things in the heavens and things on the earth .. In him
01:11 .. also we have obtained an inheritance .. having been predestined according to his purpose who works all things after the counsel of his will
01:12 .. to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of his glory
01:13 .. In him .. you also .. after listening to the message of truth .. the gospel of your salvation .. having also believed ..
......... you were sealed in him with the Holy Spirit of promise
01:14 .. who is given as a pledge of our inheritance .. with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession .. to the praise of his glory

ImageMarks of an Effective Church, Part 1 -- Selected Scriptures Jun 8 1975
ImageMarks of an Effective Church, Part 2 -- Selected Scriptures Jun 15 1975
ImageDoing the Lord's Work in the Lord's Way, Part 1 -- 1 Corinthians 16:5-8 Nov 20 1977

1 Corinthians 16:05 .. but I will come to you after I go through Macedonia .. for I am going through Macedonia
16:06 .. and perhaps I will stay with you .. or even spend the winter .. so that you may send me on my way wherever I may go
16:07 .. for I do not wish to see you now just in passing .. for I hope to remain with you for some time .. if the Lord permits
16:08 .. but I will remain in Ephesus until Pentecost

ImageDoing the Lord's Work in the Lord's Way, Part 2 -- 1 Corinthians 16:9-12 Nov 27 1977

16:09 .. for a wide door for effective service has opened to me .. and there are many adversaries
16:10 .. now if Timothy comes .. see that he is with you without cause to be afraid .. for he is doing the Lord’s work .. as I also am
16:11 .. so let no one despise him .. but send him on his way in peace .. so that he may come to me .. for I expect him with the brethren
16:12 .. but concerning Apollos our brother .. I encouraged him greatly to come to you with the brethren ..
......... and it was not at all his desire to come now .. but he will come when he has opportunity

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum