Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:05 am

Image Image Image .. Nwolfe35

link .... When we burn hydrogen a chemical (matter) reaction takes place in which the Hydrogen is oxidized and we get water (matter) .. This is not a random event, it is predictable down to the atom (still matter) ... The nuclear reactions that created the carbon (matter) that is in your body right now are not random, we know exactly how they happen and the physical laws that are behind it (matter) ... We have no way of predicting exactly which carbon atoms (matter) are going to become part of you, so that is random...but how the carbon atoms (matter) will arrange themselves to create the various chemicals and molecules (matter) in your body is not random (still just matter) .. There is a story about Pierre-Simon Laplace (a French scholar from the late 18th and early 19th century) and his meeting with Napoleon. The story is probably not true (or at least been garbled) but the basics of it is that Napoleon was congratulating Laplace on his latest work but then asked, "I notice that you did not mention God in your work" to which Laplace is supposed to have replied "I have no need for that hypothesis" .. The point of the story is that science has adequately explained the beginnings of the universe and in that theory there is no need to add a god to explain any of it .... you need to explain how these atoms "arrange themselves" ..... there is still something missing (non-material) in your equasion inorder for life to exist

link .... The chemical interactions are not random, they are known and predictable ... What is random is exactly which atoms/molecules end up as part of the rock and which end up as part of you.

link .... Yes, but not all matter is equal .. Some elements are chemically active, allowing energy to be stored and released depending on how they are combined. Some are not ..
The incredible complexity of the "matter" that makes up living things allows for change .. The relatively simple "matter" that makes up a rock does not.

............ http://cosmicfingerprints.com/dna-atheists/dna-code/

link .... No, the rock and I are not subject to the same evolutionary processes. A rock does not contain DNA nor does it procreate.

=====================
well let's see ... you and the rock began as matter only ... correct ?
=====================

link .... No one is forcing me to believe your claim (I would argue that it is impossible to force anyone to believe anything) ... The problem isn't forcing someone to believe something, the problem is that people are being forced to BEHAVE (or not behave) in accordance with your belief

link .... Yes, I am "more than matter" ... A rock is matter, I am more than a rock ... What is your point? ......... matter plus the ability to reason ............ Evolution

=====================
link .... well let's dissect this .... you agree w/ me that you are matter and so is a rock matter, yet you have the ability to reason
and that evolution gave you this ability ... we on the same page ?? .... are you (matter) and the rock (matter) subject to the same evolutionary "processes" ?? ...
why would evolution treat you different than the rock .... what is it that you possess that the rock does not possess ? .... I await your elaboration
=====================

[url=xxxxx]link[/url] ....

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum