Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:09 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Romans 9

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Romans . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ..... solicitude for Israel

09:01 .. I am telling the truth in Christ .. I am not lying .. my conscience testifies with me in the Holy Spirit
09:02 .. that I have great sorrow and unceasing grief in my heart
09:03 .. for I could wish that I myself were accursed .. separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren ..
......... my kinsmen according to the flesh
09:04 .. who are Israelites .. to whom belongs the adoption as sons .. and the glory and the covenants and the giving of the Law
......... and the temple service and the promises
09:05 .. whose are the fathers .. and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh .. who is over all .. God blessed forever . . . amen

09:06 .. but it is not as though the word of God has failed .. for they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel
09:07 .. nor are they all children because they are Abraham’s descendants .. but .. through Isaac your descendants will be named
09:08 .. that is .. it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God .. but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants
09:09 .. for this is the word of promise . . . at this time I will come .. and Sarah shall have a son
09:10 .. and not only this .. but there was Rebekah also .. when she had conceived twins by one man .. our father Isaac
09:11 .. for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad .. so that God’s purpose according to his choice would stand ..
......... not because of works but because of him who calls
09:12 .. it was said to her . . . the older will serve the younger
09:13 .. just as it is written . . . Jacob I loved .. but Esau I hated

09:14 .. what shall we say then . . . there is no injustice with God .. is there .. may it never be
09:15 .. for he says to Moses . . . I will have mercy on whom I have mercy .. and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion
09:16 .. so then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs .. but on God who has mercy
09:17 .. for the Scripture says to Pharaoh . . . for this very purpose I raised you up .. to demonstrate my power in you ..
......... and that my name might be proclaimed throughout the whole earth
09:18 .. so then he has mercy on whom he desires .. and he hardens whom he desires

09:19 .. you will say to me then . . . why does he still find fault .. for who resists his will
09:20 .. on the contrary .. who are you .. O man .. who answers back to God . . . the thing molded will not say to the molder . . .
......... why did you make me like this .. will it
09:21 .. or does not the potter have a right over the clay .. to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use
09:22 .. what if God .. although willing to demonstrate his wrath and to make his power known ..
......... endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction
09:23 .. and he did so to make known the riches of his glory upon vessels of mercy .. which he prepared beforehand for glory
09:24 .. even us .. whom he also called .. not from among Jews only .. but also from among Gentiles

09:25 .. as he says also in Hosea . . . I will call those who were not my people .. my people .. and her who was not beloved .. beloved
09:26 .. and it shall be that in the place where it was said to them .. you are not my people .. there they shall be called sons of the living God
09:27 .. Isaiah cries out concerning Israel .. though the number of the sons of Israel be like the sand of the sea .. it is the remnant that will be saved
09:28 .. for the Lord will execute his word on the earth .. thoroughly and quickly
09:29 .. and just as Isaiah foretold . . . unless the Lord of Sabaoth had left to us a posterity .. we would have become like Sodom ..
......... and would have resembled Gomorrah
09:30 .. what shall we say then .. that Gentiles .. who did not pursue righteousness .. attained righteousness .. even the righteousness which is by faith
09:31 .. but Israel .. pursuing a law of righteousness .. did not arrive at that law
09:32 .. why .. because they did not pursue it by faith .. but as though it were by works .. they stumbled over the stumbling stone
09:33 .. just as it is written . . . behold .. I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense .. and he who believes in him will not be disappointed

God is absolute sovereign in disposing of the children of men with reference to their eternal state .. he dispenses his gifts to whom he will without giving us his reasons .. but we may rest assured he is a competent judge .. Gentiles are permitted by him .. by the short cut of believing in Christ .. to attain to that for which the Jews had long been “beating about the bush” .. but lost because of sin and unbelief . . . . v 33 It is sad that the foundation stone should be to any a stone of stumbling .. and the rock of salvation a rock of offense .. but so he was to the Jews .. and is still to multitudes .. those who do believe .. however .. shall not be ashamed .. for their expectations in him shall never be disappointed ...... gty.org

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Romans 9

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum