Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Matthew 4

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image - Right click / Open in new tab

Matthew . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ..... the temptation of Jesus

How to Overcome Temptation .. Matthew 4:1–11 Dec 27, 1970 Image
The Crisis of Temptation, Part 1 .. Matthew 4:1 May 14, 1978 Image
The Crisis of Temptation, Part 2 .. Matthew 4:1–11 May 28, 1978 Image

04:01 .. then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil

04:02 .. and after he had fasted forty days and forty nights .. he then became hungry
04:03 .. and the tempter came and said to him . . . If you are the son of God .. command that these stones become bread
04:04 .. but he answered and said . . . It is written .. man shall not live on bread alone .. but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God
04:05 .. then the devil took him into the holy city and had him stand on the pinnacle of the temple
04:06 .. and said to him . . . If you are the son of God .. throw yourself down .. for it is written .. he will command his angels concerning you ..
......... and on their hands they will bear you up .. so that you will not strike your foot against a stone
04:07 .. Jesus said to him . . . on the other hand .. it is written .. you shall not put the Lord your God to the test
04:08 .. again .. the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory
04:09 .. and he said to him . . . all these things I will give you .. if you fall down and worship me
04:10 .. then Jesus said to him . . . go .. Satan . . . for it is written .. you shall worship the Lord your God .. and serve him only
04:11 .. then the devil left him .. and behold . . . angels came and began to minister to him

.................. Jesus begins his ministry

The Light Dawns, Part 1 .. Matthew 4:12–13 Jun 11, 1978 Image

04:12 .. now when Jesus heard that John had been taken into custody .. he withdrew into Galilee

The Light Dawns, Part 2 .. Matthew 4:13–17 Jun 18, 1978 Image

04:13 .. and leaving Nazareth .. he came and settled in Capernaum .. which is by the sea .. in the region of Zebulun and Naphtali

04:14 .. this was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet
04:15 .. the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali .. by the way of the sea .. beyond the Jordan .. Galilee of the Gentiles
04:16 .. the people who were sitting in darkness saw a great light .. and those who were sitting in the land and shadow of death ..
......... upon them a Light dawned
04:17 .. from that time Jesus began to preach and say . . . repent .. for the kingdom of heaven is at hand

.................. the first disciples

Fishing for Men .. Matthew 4:18–22 Jul 9, 1978 Image

04:18 .. now as Jesus was walking by the sea of Galilee .. he saw two brothers . . . Simon who was called Peter .. and Andrew his brother ..
......... casting a net into the sea .. for they were fishermen
04:19 .. and he said to them . . . follow me .. and I will make you fishers of men
04:20 .. Immediately they left their nets and followed him
04:21 .. going on from there he saw two other brothers .. James the son of Zebedee .. and John his brother .. in the boat with Zebedee their father ..
......... mending their nets .. and he called them
04:22 .. Immediately they left the boat and their father .. and followed him

.................. ministry in Galilee

The Healing Work of Jesus .. Matthew 4:23–25 Jul 16, 1978 Image

04:23 .. Jesus was going throughout all Galilee .. teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom ..
......... and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness among the people
04:24 .. the news about him spread throughout all Syria .. and they brought to him all who were ill .. those suffering with various diseases and pains ..
......... demoniacs .. epileptics .. paralytics .. and he healed them
04:25 .. large crowds followed him from Galilee and the Decapolis and Jerusalem and Judea and from beyond the Jordan

The Word of God is the Sword of the Spirit .. which if rightly handled .. will deal defeat to Satan in his attempts to snare the believer by tempting suggestions .. beware of Satanic twisting of Scripture .. “rightly divide the Word of Truth" . . . . v 1 It is sometimes asked “If Jesus was without a sinful nature .. how could he be tempted” .. may not a city be besieged .. though impregnable .. acid will corrode some metals .. others it will not .. the devil applied his test to Christ .. it did not corrode .. note comparison of Jesus’ temptations with those of the first Adam ..
1 Gen 3:6 lust of the flesh (tree good for food) .. Jesus to turn stones into bread ..
2 lust of the eyes (tree pleasant to the eyes) .. Jesus .. glory of kingdoms of the earth .. to take them in a way not appointed by the father ..
3 pride of the life .. (desired to make one wise) .. Jesus .. to throw himself from pinnacle to be hailed by crowds below as the long expected Messiah

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Matthew 4

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum