Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:59 am

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Ephesians 5

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Ephesians . 01 02 03 04 05 06 ..... be imitators of God

05:01 .. therefore be imitators of God .. as beloved children
05:02 .. and walk in love .. just as Christ also loved you and gave himself up for us .. an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma

05:03 .. but immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you .. as is proper among saints
05:04 .. and there must be no filthiness and silly talk .. or coarse jesting .. which are not fitting .. but rather giving of thanks
05:05 .. for this you know with certainty .. that no immoral or impure person or covetous man .. who is an idolater ..
......... has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God
05:06 .. let no one deceive you with empty words .. for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience
05:07 .. therefore do not be partakers with them

05:08 .. for you were formerly darkness .. but now you are light in the Lord .. walk as children of light
05:09 .. (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth)
05:10 .. trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord
05:11 .. do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness .. but instead even expose them
05:12 .. for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret
05:13 .. but all things become visible when they are exposed by the light .. for everything that becomes visible is light
05:14 .. for this reason it says . . . awake .. sleeper .. and arise from the dead .. and Christ will shine on you

05:15 .. therefore be careful how you walk .. not as unwise men but as wise

05:16 .. making the most of your time .. because the days are evil...Image Billy Graham 1970
05:17 .. so then do not be foolish .. but understand what the will of the Lord is

05:18 .. and do not get drunk with wine .. for that is dissipation .. but be filled with the Spirit
05:19 .. speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs .. singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord
05:20 .. always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God .. even the Father
05:21 .. and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ ..

.................. Marriage like Christ and the Church

05:22 .. wives .. be subject to your own husbands .. as to the Lord
05:23 .. for the husband is the head of the wife .. as Christ also is the head of the church .. he himself being the Savior of the body
05:24 .. but as the church is subject to Christ .. so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything

05:25 .. husbands .. love your wives .. just as Christ also loved the church and gave himself up for her
05:26 .. so that he might sanctify her .. having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word
05:27 .. that he might present to himself the church in all her glory .. having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing ..
......... but that she would be holy and blameless
05:28 .. so husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies .. he who loves his own wife loves himself
05:29 .. for no one ever hated his own flesh .. but nourishes and cherishes it .. just as Christ also does the church
05:30 .. because we are members of his body
05:31 .. for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and shall be joined to his wife .. and the two shall become one flesh
05:32 .. this mystery is great .. but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church
05:33 .. nevertheless .. each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself ..
......... and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband

As members of the family of God .. it is our duty to put on the family likeness by walking as obedient children .. and in full yieldedness to the Holy Spirit .. only as we are flexible in his hands may we be victorious in our walk .. sincere in our worship or successful in our work . . . . v 32 concerning life .. the Church is the Body of Christ (1:22-23) .. concerning love .. the Church is his Bride .. notice it is the “man” who is said to leave his home to be joined unto a wife .. Christ left the glory and his Father .. and later parted with his earthly mother (Luke 2:35 .. John 19:26-27) .. for the redemptive work whereby he could take out from the world a spiritual Bride .. of which all true believers are members

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Ephesians 5

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum