Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:10 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Matthew 3

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image - Right click / Open in new tab

Matthew . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 .....the preaching of John the Baptist

The Greatest Man .. Matthew 3:1–6 Mar 19, 1978 Image

03:01 .. now in those days John the Baptist came .. preaching in the wilderness of Judea .. saying . . .
03:02 .. repent .. for the kingdom of heaven is at hand
03:03 .. for this is the one referred to by Isaiah the prophet when he said . . . the voice of one crying in the wilderness ..
......... make ready the way of the Lord .. make his paths straight
03:04 .. now John himself had a garment of camel’s hair and a leather belt around his waist .. and his food was locusts and wild honey
03:05 .. then Jerusalem was going out to him .. and all Judea and all the district around the Jordan
03:06 .. and they were being baptized by him in the Jordan River .. as they confessed their sins

The Fruits of True Repentance, Part 1 .. Matthew 3:7–10 Apr 2, 19780 Image
The Fruits of True Repentance, Part 2 .. Matthew 3:7–12 Apr 9, 1978 Image

03:07 .. but when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism .. he said to them . . .
......... you brood of vipers .. who warned you to flee from the wrath to come
03:08 .. therefore .. bear fruit in keeping with repentance
03:09 .. and do not suppose that you can say to yourselves . . . we have Abraham for our father ..
......... for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham
03:10 .. the axe is already laid at the root of the trees .. therefore . . . every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire
03:11 .. as for me .. I baptize you with water for repentance .. but he who is coming after me is mightier than I .. and I am not fit to remove his sandals ..
......... he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire
03:12 .. his winnowing fork is in his hand .. and he will thoroughly clear his threshing floor .. and he will gather his wheat into the barn ..
......... but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire

.................. The Baptism of Jesus

The Commissioning of the King .. Matthew 3:13–17 May 7, 1978 Image

03:13 .. then Jesus arrived from Galilee at the Jordan coming to John .. to be baptized by him
03:14 .. but John tried to prevent him .. saying . . . I have need to be baptized by you .. and do you come to me
03:15 .. but Jesus answering said to him .. permit it at this time .. for in this way it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness .. then he permitted him
03:16 .. after being baptized .. Jesus came up immediately from the water .. and behold .. the heavens were opened ..
......... and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on him
03:17 .. and behold .. a voice out of the heavens said . . . this is my beloved son .. in whom I am well-pleased

To follow Jesus in the waters of baptism is to publicly acknowledge our separation from sin .. determination to bring forth fruit unto God .. and consecration to his service . . . . when John announced v 2 the “kingdom of the heavens at hand” .. he announced that the Christian dispensation was the next thing to come .. he presented Jesus not as King who would at that time set up his earthly throne .. but as “the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world” (the true prophetic order) .. by Israel’s rejection of him as such they have been nationally set aside until the “fullness of the Gentiles be come in” .. after which Jesus as King will return to earth in glory to rule .. Matt 24:29 & 25:46 .. Luke 19:12-19 .. Acts 15:14-17

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Matthew 3

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum