Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:00 am

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Philippians 3

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Philippians . 01 02 03 04 ..... the goal of life

03:01 .. finally .. my brethren .. rejoice in the Lord .. to write the same things again is no trouble to me .. and it is a safeguard for you
03:02 .. beware of the dogs .. beware of the evil workers .. beware of the false circumcision
03:03 .. for we are the true circumcision .. who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh

03:04 .. although I myself might have confidence even in the flesh .. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh .. I far more
03:05 .. circumcised the eighth day .. of the nation of Israel .. of the tribe of Benjamin .. a Hebrew of Hebrews .. as to the Law .. a Pharisee
03:06 .. as to zeal .. a persecutor of the church .. as to the righteousness which is in the Law .. found blameless
03:07 .. but whatever things were gain to me .. those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ

03:08 .. more than that .. I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord ..
......... for whom I have suffered the loss of all things .. and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ
03:09 .. and may be found in him .. not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law .. but that which is through faith in Christ ..
......... the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith
03:10 .. that I may know him and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of his sufferings .. being conformed to his death
03:11 .. in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead

03:12 .. not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect .. but I press on so that I may lay hold of
......... that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus
03:13 .. brethren .. I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet .. but one thing I do .. forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead
03:14 .. I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus
03:15 .. let us therefore .. as many as are perfect .. have this attitude .. and if in anything you have a different attitude ..
......... God will reveal that also to you
03:16 .. however .. let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained

03:17 .. brethren .. join in following my example .. and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us
03:18 .. for many walk .. of whom I often told you .. and now tell you even weeping .. that they are enemies of the cross of Christ
03:19 .. whose end is destruction .. whose god is their appetite .. and whose glory is in their shame .. who set their minds on earthly things
03:20 .. for our citizenship is in heaven .. from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior .. the Lord Jesus Christ
03:21 .. who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of his glory ..
......... by the exertion of the power that he has even to subject all things to himself

Let those reckon themselves unspeakable losers .. who by adhering to the things of the world and carnal pride .. have no interest in the Lord Jesus .. he is the object of the believer’s faith for a righteousness that is untarnishable .. the object of the believer’s desire for a fellowship that is incomparable and the object of the believer’s expectation for a resurrection body that is immortal . . . . v 10 Christ’s resurrection is the evidence of our justification (Rom 4:24-25) .. the assurance of our resurrection (1 Cor 15:14-18) .. the source of our spiritual power for he was thus constituted the giver of the Holy Spirit (John 7:39 .. 20:22) .. knowing him .. therefore .. involves not only justification through his death but sanctification through his life .. feeling the transforming efficacy and virtue of his life .. through the Holy Spirit

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Philippians 3

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum