Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:59 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Luke 4

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Luke . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ..... the temptation of Jesus

04:01 .. Jesus .. full of the Holy Spirit .. returned from the Jordan and was led around by the Spirit in the wilderness
04:02 .. for forty days .. being tempted by the devil .. and he ate nothing during those days .. and when they had ended .. he became hungry

04:03 .. and the devil said to him . . . If you are the Son of God .. tell this stone to become bread
04:04 .. and Jesus answered him . . . It is written .. man shall not live on bread alone
04:05 .. and he led him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time
04:06 .. and the devil said to him . . . I will give you all this domain and its glory .. for it has been handed over to me ..
......... and I give it to whomever I wish
04:07 .. therefore if you worship before me .. it shall all be yours
04:08 .. Jesus answered him . . . It is written .. you shall worship the Lord your God and serve him only

04:09 .. and he led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the pinnacle of the temple .. and said to him . . .
......... If you are the Son of God .. throw yourself down from here
04:10 .. for it is written . . . he will command his angels concerning you to guard you
04:11 .. and .. on their hands they will bear you up .. so that you will not strike your foot against a stone
04:12 .. and Jesus answered and said to him . . . It is said .. you shall not put the Lord your God to the test
04:13 .. when the devil had finished every temptation .. he left him until an opportune time

.................. Jesus’ public ministry

04:14 .. and Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit .. and news about him spread through all the surrounding district
04:15 .. and he began teaching in their synagogues and was praised by all

04:16 .. and he came to Nazareth .. where he had been brought up .. and as was his custom ..
......... he entered the synagogue on the Sabbath .. and stood up to read
04:17 .. and the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him .. and he opened the book and found the place where it was written
04:18 .. the Spirit of the Lord is upon me .. because he anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor .. he has sent me to proclaim release to the captives ..
......... and recovery of sight to the blind .. to set free those who are oppressed
04:19 .. to proclaim the favorable year of the Lord
04:20 .. and he closed the book .. gave it back to the attendant and sat down .. and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him
04:21 .. and he began to say to them . . . today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing

04:22 .. and all were speaking well of him .. and wondering at the gracious words which were falling from his lips ..
......... and they were saying . . . Is this not Joseph’s son
04:23 .. and he said to them . . . no doubt you will quote this proverb to me .. physician .. heal yourself ..
......... whatever we heard was done at Capernaum ..
......... do here in your hometown as well
04:24 .. and he said . . . truly I say to you .. no prophet is welcome in his hometown
04:25 .. but I say to you in truth .. there were many widows in Israel in the days of Elijah .. when the sky was shut up for three years and six months ..
......... when a great famine came over all the land
04:26 .. and yet Elijah was sent to none of them .. but only to Zarephath .. in the land of Sidon .. to a woman who was a widow
04:27 .. and there were many lepers in Israel in the time of Elisha the prophet .. and none of them was cleansed .. but only Naaman the Syrian
04:28 .. and all the people in the synagogue were filled with rage as they heard these things
04:29 .. and they got up and drove him out of the city .. and led him to the brow of the hill on which their city had been built ..
......... in order to throw him down the cliff
04:30 .. but passing through their midst .. he went his way

04:31 .. and he came down to Capernaum .. a city of Galilee .. and he was teaching them on the Sabbath
04:32 .. and they were amazed at his teaching .. for his message was with authority
04:33 .. In the synagogue there was a man possessed by the spirit of an unclean demon .. and he cried out with a loud voice
04:34 .. let us alone .. what business do we have with each other .. Jesus of Nazareth .. have you come to destroy us ..
......... I know who you are .. the Holy One of God
04:35 .. but Jesus rebuked him .. saying . . . be quiet and come out of him .. and when the demon had thrown him down in the midst of the people ..
......... he came out of him without doing him any harm
04:36 .. and amazement came upon them all .. and they began talking with one another saying .. what is this message ..
......... for with authority and power he commands the unclean spirits and they come out
04:37 .. and the report about him was spreading into every locality in the surrounding district

.................. many are healed

04:38 .. then he got up and left the synagogue .. and entered Simon’s home . . . now Simon’s mother-in-law was suffering from a high fever ..
......... and they asked him to help her
04:39 .. and standing over her .. he rebuked the fever .. and it left her .. and she immediately got up and waited on them
04:40 .. while the sun was setting .. all those who had any who were sick with various diseases brought them to him ..
......... and laying his hands on each one of them .. he was healing them
04:41 .. demons also were coming out of many .. shouting . . . you are the Son of God .. but rebuking them ..
......... he would not allow them to speak .. because they knew him to be the Christ
04:42 .. when day came .. Jesus left and went to a secluded place .. and the crowds were searching for him ..
......... and came to him and tried to keep him from going away from them
04:43 .. but he said to them . . . I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also .. for I was sent for this purpose
04:44 .. so he kept on preaching in the synagogues of Judea

Our Savior was victorious over Satan by the power of the Holy Ghost and the use of the divine Word as his sword and those are well armed who are thus equipped .. the words of Christ’s mouth were attended with a power which pricked the consciences of men .. dispersed evil spirits and drove away disease

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Luke 4

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum