Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Hebrews 5

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Hebrews . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 ..... the perfect high priest

05:01 .. for every high priest taken from among men is appointed on behalf of men in things pertaining to God ..
......... in order to offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins
05:02 .. he can deal gently with the ignorant and misguided .. since he himself also is beset with weakness
05:03 .. and because of it he is obligated to offer sacrifices for sins .. as for the people .. so also for himself
05:04 .. and no one takes the honor to himself .. but receives it when he is called by God .. even as Aaron was
05:05 .. so also Christ did not glorify himself so as to become a high priest .. but he who said to him . . . you are my son ..
......... today I have begotten you
05:06 .. just as he says also in another passage . . . you are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek
05:07 .. In the days of his flesh .. he offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the one able to save him from death ..
......... and he was heard because of his piety
05:08 .. although he was a son .. he learned obedience from the things which he suffered
05:09 .. and having been made perfect .. he became to all those who obey him the source of eternal salvation

05:10 .. being designated by God as a high priest according to the order of Melchizedek
05:11 .. concerning him we have much to say .. and it is hard to explain .. since you have become dull of hearing
05:12 .. for though by this time you ought to be teachers .. you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles
......... of the oracles of God .. and you have come to need milk and not solid food
05:13 .. for everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness .. for he is an infant
05:14 .. but solid food is for the mature .. who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil

God was pleased to take one from among men .. his only begotten son .. who above all others .. was qualified to be a high priest dealing between God and sinful men .. by him .. we have approach to God in hope and God may receive us with honor .. let us therefore not attempt to go to God but through Christ .. nor expect any favor from God except upon his merits . . . . v 10 Melchisedec was a type of Christ as high priest .. being both a king and a priest (Gen 14:18 .. Zech 6:12-13) .. Melchisedec has no recorded beginning nor end of life .. and the very absence of these facts makes him a type of him who was from eternity .. Christ is the only one in whom universal kingship and priesthood may center

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Hebrews 5

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum