Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:42 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... I Peter 4

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

I Peter . 01 02 03 04 05 ..... keep fervent in your love

04:01 .. therefore .. since Christ has suffered in the flesh .. arm yourselves also with the same purpose ..
.......... because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin
04:02 .. so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men .. but for the will of God
04:03 .. for the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles ..
.......... having pursued a course of sensuality .. lusts .. drunkenness .. carousing .. drinking parties and abominable idolatries
04:04 .. In all this .. they are surprised that you do not run with them into the same excesses of dissipation .. and they malign you
04:05 .. but they will give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead
04:06 .. for the gospel has for this purpose been preached even to those who are dead .. that though they are judged in the flesh as men ..
.......... they may live in the spirit according to the will of God
04:07 .. the end of all things is near .. therefore .. be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer
04:08 .. above all .. keep fervent in your love for one another .. because love covers a multitude of sins
04:09 .. be hospitable to one another without complaint
04:10 .. as each one has received a special gift .. employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God
04:11 .. whoever speaks .. is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God ..
.......... whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies ..
.......... so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ .. to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever . . . amen

.................. share the sufferings of Christ

04:12 .. beloved .. do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you .. which comes upon you for your testing ..
.......... as though some strange thing were happening to you
04:13 .. but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ .. keep on rejoicing ..
.......... so that also at the revelation of his glory you may rejoice with exultation
04:14 .. If you are reviled for the name of Christ .. you are blessed .. because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you

04:15 .. make sure that none of you suffers as a murderer .. or thief .. or evildoer .. or a troublesome meddler
04:16 .. but if anyone suffers as a Christian .. he is not to be ashamed .. but is to glorify God in this name
04:17 .. for it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God .. and if it begins with us first ..
.......... what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God
04:18 .. and if it is with difficulty that the righteous is saved .. what will become of the godless man and the sinner
04:19 .. therefore .. those also who suffer according to the will of God shall entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right

Christ having suffered so much for us .. should cause us to fortify ourselves with his mind .. courage and resolution .. living no longer to the flesh but being conformed to the holy will of God .. as those who must give account any day at his appearing .. we should rejoice to suffer with Christ for righteousness’ sake .. knowing that if we are in his hands our suffering will promote the Gospel and prepare us for glory . . . v 1 some of the strongest arguments against sin are taken from the suffering of Christ .. he died to destroy sin .. and having submitted to such sufferings on account of sin .. why should we grieve him by continuing in sin .. all sympathy with Christ is lost if we do not put away sin

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... I Peter 4

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum