Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Romans 12

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Romans . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ..... dedicated service

12:01 .. therefore I urge you .. brethren .. by the mercies of God .. to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice .. acceptable to God ..
......... which is your spiritual service of worship
12:02 .. and do not be conformed to this world .. but be transformed by the renewing of your mind ..
......... so that you may prove what the will of God is .. that which is good and acceptable and perfect

12:03 .. for through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think ..
......... but to think so as to have sound judgment .. as God has allotted to each a measure of faith
12:04 .. for just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function
12:05 .. so we .. who are many .. are one body in Christ .. and individually members one of another

12:06 .. since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us .. each of us is to exercise them accordingly ..
......... if prophecy .. according to the proportion of his faith
12:07 .. if service .. in his serving .. or he who teaches .. in his teaching

12:08 .. or he who exhorts .. in his exhortation .. he who gives .. with liberality .. he who leads ..
......... with diligence .. he who shows mercy .. with cheerfulness

12:09 .. let love be without hypocrisy .. abhor what is evil .. cling to what is good

12:10 .. be devoted to one another in brotherly love .. give preference to one another in honor
12:11 .. not lagging behind in diligence .. fervent in spirit .. serving the Lord
12:12 .. rejoicing in hope .. persevering in tribulation .. devoted to prayer

13 .. contributing to the needs of the saints .. practicing hospitality

12:14 .. bless those who persecute you .. bless and do not curse
12:15 .. rejoice with those who rejoice .. and weep with those who weep
12:16 .. be of the same mind toward one another .. do not be haughty in mind .. but associate with the lowly ..
......... do not be wise in your own estimation
12:17 .. never pay back evil for evil to anyone .. respect what is right in the sight of all men
12:18 .. If possible .. so far as it depends on you .. be at peace with all men
12:19 .. never take your own revenge .. beloved .. but leave room for the wrath of God .. for it is written . . .
......... vengeance is mine .. I will repay .. says the Lord
12:20 .. but if your enemy is hungry .. feed him .. and if he is thirsty .. give him a drink .. for in so doing you will heap burning coals on his head
12:21 .. do not be overcome by evil .. but overcome evil with good

Since we have been justified through grace .. by faith in Christ .. it is our first duty to surrender ourselves to God a living sacrifice .. that there may be a saving change wrought in us and that we might be made serviceable in every way to our fellow men .. we stand in relation not only to Christ .. but to one another in Christ .. and we are engaged to do all the good we can one to another and to act in conjunction for the common benefit . . . . v 1 the reference to “sacrifice” no doubt connects Lev. 1:6-9 .. the burnt offering typifies Christ offering himself to God in perfect devotion to the father’s will . . . the offerer or the priest got nothing of it .. it was all devoted to God .. so the believer is to live a life completely dedicated to him .. in which he has absolute right of way

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Romans 12

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum