Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Hebrews 8

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Hebrews . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 ..... a better Ministry

08:01 .. now the main point in what has been said is this . . . we have such a high priest ..
.......... who has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens
08:02 .. a minister in the sanctuary and in the true tabernacle .. which the Lord pitched .. not man
08:03 .. for every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices .. so it is necessary that this high priest also have something to offer
08:04 .. now if he were on earth .. he would not be a priest at all .. since there are those who offer the gifts according to the Law
08:05 .. who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things .. just as Moses was warned by God when he was about
.......... to erect the tabernacle .. for .. see .. he says . . . that you make all things according to the pattern which was shown you on the mountain
08:06 .. but now he has obtained a more excellent ministry .. by as much as he is also the mediator of a better covenant ..
.......... which has been enacted on better promises

.................. a new covenant

08:07 .. for if that first covenant had been faultless .. there would have been no occasion sought for a second
08:08 .. for finding fault with them .. he says . . . behold .. days are coming .. says the Lord . . . when I will effect a new covenant with the house
.......... of Israel and with the house of Judah
08:09 .. not like the covenant which I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt ..
.......... for they did not continue in my covenant .. and I did not care for them .. says the Lord
08:10 .. for this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days .. says the Lord . . . I will put my laws into their minds ..
.......... and I will write them on their hearts .. and I will be their God .. and they shall be my people
08:11 .. and they shall not teach everyone his fellow citizen .. and everyone his brother .. saying . . . know the Lord .. for all will know me ..
.......... from the least to the greatest of them
08:12 .. for I will be merciful to their iniquities .. and I will remember their sins no more
08:13 .. when he said . . . a new covenant .. he has made the first obsolete .. but whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear

We have in our Lord Jesus Christ such a high priest as no other people ever had .. all others being but types and shadows of him .. he is the author of a new covenant .. better than the old .. which was not efficacious .. established on better promises .. obedience to it springing from a willing heart and mind rather than from fear .. securing the personal revelation of the Lord to every believer and guaranteeing the complete oblivion of sins through his finished work . . . . v 4 there are no earthly successors to the priestly tribe of Aaron .. for the reason that it is now a heavenly office centered in Jesus Christ .. the earthly priesthood is out of commission .. for with the atoning death of Christ the vail was rent

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Hebrews 8

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum