Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Image .....1 Corinthians 15:29–58

Dying is perhaps the last thing that most people, even Christians, want to think about. But for the believer,
death need not be something to fear, even when it’s very close ... There’s a bold hopefulness that comes when you understand the grand truths of Scripture—the reality that, for believers, what comes after death transcends even the best of this life. In The End Is Not the End, John MacArthur shows you what the apostle Paul said about this “last enemy that will be abolished.” If you know Christ, you’ve no need to be unprepared for death—you really can put anxiety and fear to rest. This study from 1 Corinthians 15 will not only strengthen you spiritually for your own death, it will equip you to lovingly counsel and care for others you know who are facing imminent death.

ImageWhat Resurrection Means for You -- recorded Oct 16 2016

15:29 .. otherwise .. what will those do who are baptized for the dead .. If the dead are not raised at all ..
......... why then are they baptized for them
15:30 .. why are we also in danger every hour
15:31 .. I affirm .. brethren .. by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord .. I die daily
15:32 .. If from human motives I fought with wild beasts at Ephesus .. what does it profit me .. If the dead are not raised ..
......... let us eat and drink .. for tomorrow we die
15:33 .. do not be deceived .. bad company corrupts good morals
15:34 .. become sober-minded as you ought .. and stop sinning .. for some have no knowledge of God ..
......... I speak this to your shame

ImageThe Uniqueness of Our Resurrection Bodies -- recorded Oct 23 2016

15:35 .. but someone will say . . . how are the dead raised .. and with what kind of body do they come
15:36 .. you fool . . . that which you sow does not come to life unless it dies
15:37 .. and that which you sow .. you do not sow the body which is to be .. but a are grain .. perhaps of wheat or of something else
15:38 .. but God gives it a body just as he wished .. and to each of the seeds a body of its own
15:39 .. all flesh is not the same flesh .. but there is one flesh of men .. and nother flesh of beasts .. and another flesh of birds .. and another of fish
15:40 .. there are also heavenly bodies and earthly bodies .. but the glory of the heavenly is one .. and the glory of the earthly is another
15:41 .. there is one glory of the sun .. and another glory of the moon .. and another glory of the stars .. for star differs from star in glory
15:42 .. so also is the resurrection of the dead .. It is sown a perishable body .. it is raised an imperishable body
15:43 .. it is sown in dishonor .. it is raised in glory .. it is sown in weakness .. it is raised in power
15:44 .. it is sown a natural body .. it is raised a spiritual body .. If there is a natural body .. there is also a spiritual body
15:45 .. so also it is written . . . the first man .. Adam .. became a living soul .. the last Adam became a life-giving spirit
15:46 .. however, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.
15:47 .. The first man is from the earth .. earthy .. the second man is from heaven
15:48 .. as is the earthy .. so also are those who are earthy .. and as is the heavenly .. so also are those who are heavenly
15:49 .. Just as we have borne the image of the earthy .. we will also bear the image of the heavenly

ImageThe Resurrection of Believers -- recorded Nov 6 2016

15:50 .. now I say this .. brethren .. that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God ..
......... nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable
15:51 .. behold .. I tell you a mystery .. we will not all sleep .. but we will all be changed
15:52 .. in a moment .. in the twinkling of an eye .. at the last trumpet .. for the trumpet will sound .. and the dead will be raised imperishable ..
......... and we will be changed
15:53 .. for this perishable must put on the imperishable .. and this mortal must put on immortality
15:54 .. but when this perishable will have put on the imperishable .. and this mortal will have put on immortality ..
......... then will come about the saying that is written . . . death is swallowed up in victory
15:55 .. O death .. where is your victory .. O death .. where is your sting
15:56 .. the sting of death is sin .. and the power of sin is the law
15:57 .. but thanks be to God .. who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ
15:58 .. therefore .. my beloved brethren .. be steadfast .. immovable .. always bounding in the work of the Lord ..
......... knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum