Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:27 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Acts 16

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Acts . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ..... the Macedonian vision

16:01 .. Paul came also to Derbe and to Lystra .. and a disciple was there .. named Timothy ..
......... the son of a Jewish woman who was a believer .. but his father was a Greek
16:02 .. and he was well spoken of by the brethren who were in Lystra and Iconium
16:03 .. Paul wanted this man to go with him .. and he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in those parts ..
......... for they all knew that his father was a Greek
16:04 .. now while they were passing through the cities .. they were delivering the decrees which had been decided upon by the apostles and
......... elders who were in Jerusalem .. for them to observe
16:05 .. so the churches were being strengthened in the faith .. and were increasing in number daily
16:06 .. they passed through the Phrygian and Galatian region .. having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia
16:07 .. and after they came to Mysia .. they were trying to go into Bithynia .. and the Spirit of Jesus did not permit them
16:08 .. and passing by Mysia .. they came down to Troas
16:09 .. a vision appeared to Paul in the night .. a man of Macedonia was standing and appealing to him .. and saying . . .
......... come over to Macedonia and help us
16:10 .. when he had seen the vision .. immediately we sought to go into Macedonia .. concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them

16:11 .. so putting out to sea from Troas .. we ran a straight course to Samothrace .. and on the day following to Neapolis
16:12 .. and from there to Philippi .. which is a leading city of the district of Macedonia .. a Roman colony ..
......... and we were staying in this city for some days
16:13 .. and on the Sabbath day we went outside the gate to a riverside .. where we were supposing that there would be a place of prayer ..
......... and we sat down and began speaking to the women who had assembled

.................. first convert in Europe

16:14 .. a woman named Lydia .. from the city of Thyatira .. a seller of purple fabrics .. a worshiper of God .. was listening ..
......... and the Lord opened her heart to respond to the things spoken by Paul
16:15 .. and when she and her household had been baptized .. she urged us .. saying . . . If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord ..
......... come into my house and stay .. and she prevailed upon us

16:16 .. It happened that as we were going to the place of prayer .. a slave-girl having a spirit of divination met us ..
......... who was bringing her masters much profit by fortune-telling
16:17 .. following after Paul and us .. she kept crying out .. saying . . . these men are bond-servants of the Most High God ..
......... who are proclaiming to you the way of salvation
16:18 .. she continued doing this for many days .. but Paul was greatly annoyed .. and turned and said to the spirit ..
.........I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her .. and it came out at that very moment

16:19 .. but when her masters saw that their hope of profit was gone .. they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into
......... the market place before the authorities
16:20 .. and when they had brought them to the chief magistrates .. they said . . .
......... these men are throwing our city into confusion .. being Jews
16:21 .. and aare proclaiming customs which it is not lawful for us to accept or to observe .. being Romans

.................. Paul and Silas imprisoned

16:22 .. the crowd rose up together against them .. and the chief magistrates tore their robes off them and proceeded
......... to order them to be beaten with rods
16:23 .. when they had struck them with many blows .. they threw them into prison .. commanding the jailer to guard them securely
16:24 .. and he .. having received such a command .. threw them into the inner prison and fastened their feet in the stocks
16:25 .. but about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God .. and the prisoners were listening to them
16:26 .. and suddenly there came a great earthquake .. so that the foundations of the prison house were shaken ..
......... and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were unfastened
16:27 .. when the jailer awoke and saw the prison doors opened .. he drew his sword and was about to kill himself ..
......... supposing that the prisoners had escaped
16:28 .. but Paul cried out with a loud voice .. saying . . . do not harm yourself .. for we are all here
16:29 .. and he called for lights and rushed in .. and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas
16:30 .. and after he brought them out .. he said . . . sirs .. what must I do to be saved

.................. the jailer converted

16:31 .. they said . . . believe in the Lord Jesus .. and you will be saved .. you and your household
16:32 .. and they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house
16:33 .. and he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds .. and immediately he was baptized .. he and all his household
16:34 .. and he brought them into his house and set food before them .. and rejoiced greatly .. having believed in God with his whole household
16:35 .. now when day came .. the chief magistrates sent their policemen .. saying . . . release those men
16:36 .. and the jailer reported these words to Paul .. saying . . . the chief magistrates have sent to release you ..
......... therefore come out now and go in peace
16:37 .. but Paul said to them . . . they have beaten us in public without trial .. men who are Romans .. and have thrown us into prison ..
......... and now are they sending us away secretly .. no indeed .. but let them come themselves and bring us out
16:38 .. the policemen reported these words to the chief magistrates .. they were afraid when they heard that they were Romans
16:39 .. and they came and appealed to them .. and when they had brought them out .. they kept begging them to leave the city
16:40 .. they went out of the prison and entered the house of Lydia .. and when they saw the brethren .. they encouraged them and departed

The movements of God’s servants and the dispensing of the means of grace by them are in a particular manner under a divine guidance and direction .. and those who are under the check and conduct of the Spirit .. though they be called upon to suffer much for Jesus’ sake .. may be sure God will in some way get glory to himself by their testimony and persecutions . . . . v 31 here is the sum of the whole Gospel .. the covenant of grace in a nutshell .. It is the only way to salvation .. admit the record that God has given in his Gospel concerning his son .. assent to it as faithful and worthy of acceptation .. receive Jesus Christ as he is offered to us in the Gospel .. and give up yourself to be saved and ruled by him

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Acts 16

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum