Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Romans 7

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Romans . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ..... believers united to Christ ..... the conflict of two natures

07:01 .. or do you not know .. brethren (for I am speaking to those who know the law) .. that the law has jurisdiction over a person as long as he lives
07:02 .. for the married woman is bound by law to her husband while he is living .. but if her husband dies ..
......... she is released from the law concerning the husband
07:03 .. so then .. if while her husband is living she is joined to another man .. she shall be called an adulteress ..
......... but if her husband dies .. she is free from the law .. so that she is not an adulteress though she is joined to another man
07:04 .. therefore .. my brethren .. you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ ..
......... so that you might be joined to another ..
......... to him who was raised from the dead .. in order that we might bear fruit for God
07:05 .. for while we were in the flesh .. the sinful passions .. which were aroused by the Law .. were at work in the members of
......... our body to bear fruit for death
07:06 .. but now we have been released from the Law .. having died to that by which we were bound ..
......... so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter

07:07 .. what shall we say then .. Is the Law sin .. may it never be .. on the contrary .. I would not have come to know sin except through the Law ..
......... for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said . . . you shall not covet
07:08 .. but sin .. taking opportunity through the commandment .. produced in me coveting of every kind .. for apart from the Law sin is dead
07:09 .. I was once alive apart from the Law .. but when the commandment came .. sin became alive and I died
07:10 .. and this commandment .. which was to result in life .. proved to result in death for me
07:11 .. for sin .. taking an opportunity through the commandment .. deceived me and through it killed me
07:12 .. so then .. the Law is holy .. and the commandment is holy and righteous and good
07:13 .. therefore did that which is good become a cause of death for me .. may it never be .. rather it was sin ..
......... in order that it might be shown to be sin by effecting my death through that which is good ..
......... so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful

.................. The Conflict of Two Natures

07:14 .. for we know that the Law is spiritual .. but I am of flesh .. sold into bondage to sin
07:15 .. for what I am doing .. I do not understand .. for I am not practicing what I would like to do .. but I am doing the very thing I hate
07:16 .. but if I do the very thing I do not want to do .. I agree with the Law .. confessing that the Law is good
07:17 .. so now .. no longer am I the one doing it .. but sin which dwells in me
07:18 .. for I know that nothing good dwells in me .. that is .. in my flesh .. for the willing is present in me .. but the doing of the good is not
07:19 .. for the good that I want .. I do not do .. but I practice the very evil that I do not want
07:20 .. but if I am doing the very thing I do not want .. I am no longer the one doing it .. but sin which dwells in me
07:21 .. I find then the principle that evil is present in me .. the one who wants to do good
07:22 .. for I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man
07:23 .. but I see a different law in the members of my body .. waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of
......... the law of sin which is in my members
07:24 .. wretched man that I am . . . who will set me free from the body of this death
07:25 .. thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord .. so then .. on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God ..
......... but on the other .. with my flesh the law of sin

The function of the law is to detect and condemn sin .. not to deliver from it .. In the life of the believer there will ever be conflict between grace and corruption in the heart .. between the law of God and the law of sin .. who shall deliver us .. Jesus Christ is the all-sufficient Saviour and Friend .. who has not only purchased our deliverance .. but is our advocate in Heaven .. through whom we may be made victorious . . . . the believer upon acceptance of Christ receives a spiritual nature which begins at once strife with the adamic nature .. which is not eradicated until we stand in Christ’s presence . . . the strife is effectually taken up on the believer’s behalf by the Holy Spirit .. and if the believer will but yield to him in the hour of conflict .. he will take the victory (v 8:2 .. Gal 5:16-17)

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Romans 7

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum