Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:41 am

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... I Corinthians 9

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

I Corinthians . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ..... Paul’s use of liberty

09:01 .. am I not free .. am I not an apostle .. have I not seen Jesus our Lord .. are you not my work in the Lord
09:02 .. If to others I am not an apostle .. at least I am to you .. for you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord
09:03 .. my defense to those who examine me is this
09:04 .. do we not have a right to eat and drink
09:05 .. do we not have a right to take along a believing wife .. even as the rest of the apostles and the brothers of the Lord and Cephas
09:06 .. or do only Barnabas and I not have a right to refrain from working
09:07 .. who at any time serves as a soldier at his own expense .. who plants a vineyard and does not eat the fruit of it ..
......... or who tends a flock and does not use the milk of the flock
09:08 .. I am not speaking these things according to human judgment .. am I .. or does not the Law also say these things
09:09 .. for it is written in the Law of Moses . . . you shall not muzzle the ox while he is threshing ..
......... God is not concerned about oxen .. is he
09:10 .. or is he speaking altogether for our sake .. yes .. for our sake it was written . . . because the plowman ought to plow in hope ..
......... and the thresher to thresh in hope of sharing the crops
09:11 .. If we sowed spiritual things in you .. is it too much if we reap material things from you
09:12 .. If others share the right over you .. do we not more .. nevertheless .. we did not use this right ..
......... but we endure all things so that we will cause no hindrance to the gospel of Christ
09:13 .. do you not know that those who perform sacred services eat the food of the temple .. and those who attend regularly to the
......... altar have their share from the altar
09:14 .. so also the Lord directed those who proclaim the gospel to get their living from the gospel

09:15 .. but I have used none of these things .. and I am not writing these things so that it will be done so in my case ..
......... for it would be better for me to die than have any man make my boast an empty one
09:16 .. for if I preach the gospel .. I have nothing to boast of .. for I am under compulsion .. for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel
09:17 .. for if I do this voluntarily .. I have a reward .. but if against my will .. I have a stewardship entrusted to me
09:18 .. what then is my reward .. that .. when I preach the gospel .. I may offer the gospel without charge ..
......... so as not to make full use of my right in the gospel

09:19 .. for though I am free from all men .. I have made myself a slave to all .. so that I may win more
09:20 .. to the Jews I became as a Jew .. so that I might win Jews .. to those who are under the Law .. as under the
......... Law though not being myself under the Law ..
......... so that I might win those who are under the Law
09:21 .. to those who are without law .. as without law .. though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ ..
......... so that I might win those who are without law
09:22 .. to the weak I became weak .. that I might win the weak .. I have become all things to all men .. so that I may by all means save some
09:23 .. I do all things for the sake of the gospel .. so that I may become a fellow partaker of it
09:24 .. do you not know that those who run in a race all run .. but only one receives the prize .. run in such a way that you may win
09:25 .. everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things .. they then do it to receive a perishable wreath ..
......... but we an imperishable
09:26 .. therefore I run in such a way .. as not without aim .. I box in such a way .. as not beating the air
09:27 .. but I discipline my body and make it my slave .. so that .. after I have preached to others .. I myself will not be disqualified

It is no new thing for ministers of Christ to meet with the worst treatment where they might expect the best .. those who enjoy benefits by the ministry of the Word should not grudge the maintenance of those who are employed in this work .. It is to the praise of a minister .. nevertheless .. to prefer the success of his ministry and the salvation of souls .. to his own interest and to deny himself that he may serve Christ . . . . v 27 the word “castaway” is literally “disapproved” .. and so translated in other places .. he is not expressing fear that he may fail of salvation but is speaking of service .. and the possibility through unfaithfulness .. of being laid on the shelf

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... I Corinthians 9

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum