Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:42 am

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... I Corinthians 14

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

I Corinthians . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ..... prophecy a superior gift

14:01 .. pursue love .. yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts .. but especially that you may prophesy
14:02 .. for one who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God .. for no one understands ..
......... but in his spirit he speaks mysteries
14:03 .. but one who prophesies speaks to men for edification and exhortation and consolation
14:04 .. one who speaks in a tongue edifies himself .. but one who prophesies edifies the church
14:05 .. now I wish that you all spoke in tongues .. but even more that you would prophesy ..
......... and greater is one who prophesies than one who speaks in tongues .. unless he interprets .. so that the church may receive edifying

14:06 .. but now .. brethren .. if I come to you speaking in tongues .. what will I profit you unless I speak to you either by way of revelation or of
......... knowledge or of prophecy or of teaching
14:07 .. yet even lifeless things .. either flute or harp .. in producing a sound .. if they do not produce a distinction in the tones ..
......... how will it be known what is played on the flute or on the harp
14:08 .. for if the bugle produces an indistinct sound .. who will prepare himself for battle
14:09 .. so also you .. unless you utter by the tongue speech that is clear .. how will it be known what is spoken ..
......... for you will be speaking into the air
14:10 .. there are .. perhaps .. a great many kinds of languages in the world .. and no kind is without meaning
14:11 .. If then I do not know the meaning of the language .. I will be to the one who speaks a barbarian ..
......... and the one who speaks will be a barbarian to me
14:12 .. so also you .. since you are zealous of spiritual gifts .. seek to abound for the edification of the church
14:13 .. therefore let one who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret
14:14 .. for if I pray in a tongue .. my spirit prays .. but my mind is unfruitful
14:15 .. what is the outcome then .. I will pray with the spirit and I will pray with the mind also .. I will sing with the spirit and I will
......... sing with the mind also
14:16 .. otherwise if you bless in the spirit only .. how will the one who fills the place of the ungifted say the “Amen” at your giving of thanks ..
......... since he does not know what you are saying
14:17 .. for you are giving thanks well enough .. but the other person is not edified
14:18 .. I thank God .. I speak in tongues more than you all
14:19 .. however .. in the church I desire to speak five words with my mind so that I may instruct others also ..
......... rather than ten thousand words in a tongue

.................. Instruction for the Church

14:20 .. brethren .. do not be children in your thinking .. yet in evil be infants .. but in your thinking be mature
14:21 .. In the Law it is written . . . by men of strange tongues and by the lips of strangers I will speak to this people ..
......... and even so they will not listen to me .. says the Lord
14:22 .. so then tongues are for a sign .. not to those who believe but to unbelievers .. but prophecy is for a sign ..
......... not to unbelievers but to those who believe
14:23 .. therefore if the whole church assembles together and all speak in tongues .. and ungifted men or unbelievers enter ..
......... will they not say that you are mad
14:24 .. but if all prophesy .. and an unbeliever or an ungifted man enters .. he is convicted by all .. he is called to account by all
14:25 .. the secrets of his heart are disclosed .. and so he will fall on his face and worship God .. declaring that God is certainly among you

14:26 .. what is the outcome then .. brethren .. when you assemble .. each one has a psalm ..
......... has a teaching .. has a revelation .. has a tongue ..
......... has an interpretation .. let all things be done for edification
14:27 .. If anyone speaks in a tongue .. it should be by two or at the most three .. and each in turn ..
......... and one must interpret
14:28 .. but if there is no interpreter .. he must keep silent in the church .. and let him speak to himself and to God
14:29 .. let two or three prophets speak .. and let the others pass judgment
14:30 .. but if a revelation is made to another who is seated .. the first one must keep silent
14:31 .. for you can all prophesy one by one .. so that all may learn and all may be exhorted
14:32 .. and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets
14:33 .. for God is not a God of confusion but of peace .. as in all the churches of the saints
14:34 .. the women are to keep silent in the churches .. for they are not permitted to speak .. but are to subject themselves ..
......... just as the Law also says
14:35 .. If they desire to learn anything .. let them ask their own husbands at home .. for it is improper for a woman to speak in church
14:36 .. was it from you that the word of God first went forth .. or has it come to you only
14:37 .. If anyone thinks he is a prophet or spiritual .. let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the Lord’s commandment
14:38 .. but if anyone does not recognize this .. he is not recognized
14:39 .. therefore .. my brethren .. desire earnestly to prophesy .. and do not forbid to speak in tongues
14:40 .. but all things must be done properly and in an orderly manner

That is the best and most eligible gift which best answers the purposes of charity and edifies the church .. that which cannot be understood cannot edify .. and such confusion is to be avoided in the church .. no gift of the Spirit is to be despised .. and if the gift of tongues is bestowed .. it will be with interpretation among two or three brethren .. and will result in their blessing . . . . all believers have the Holy Spirit 1 Cor 6:19-20 .. not all were to have tongues .. v 12:28-30 .. all public display of the gift .. if it is given by the Spirit .. is for edification v 14:5-28 .. always accompanied by interpretation v 14:13 & 23-26 & 28 .. always under control v 14:27 .. If accompanied by confusion .. it is not of the Spirit v 14:33-40

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... I Corinthians 14

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum