Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Hebrews 6

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Hebrews . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 ..... the peril of falling away

06:01 .. therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ .. let us press on to maturity .. not laying again a foundation of
......... repentance from dead works and of faith toward God
06:02 .. of instruction about washings and laying on of hands .. and the resurrection of the dead and eternal judgment
06:03 .. and this we will do .. if God permits
06:04 .. for in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit
06:05 .. and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come
06:06 .. and then have fallen away .. it is impossible to renew them again to repentance .. since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God
......... and put him to open shame
06:07 .. for ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled ..
......... receives a blessing from God
06:08 .. but if it yields thorns and thistles .. it is worthless and close to being cursed .. and it ends up being burned

.................. better things for you

06:09 .. but .. beloved .. we are convinced of better things concerning you .. and things that accompany salvation .. though we are speaking in this way
06:10 .. for God is not unjust so as to forget your work and the love which you have shown toward his name ..
......... in having ministered and in still ministering to the saints
06:11 .. and we desire that each one of you show the same diligence so as to realize the full assurance of hope until the end
06:12 .. so that you will not be sluggish .. but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises

06:13 .. for when God made the promise to Abraham .. since he could swear by no one greater .. he swore by himself
06:14 .. saying . . . I will surely bless you and I will surely multiply you
06:15 .. and so .. having patiently waited .. he obtained the promise
06:16 .. for men swear by one greater than themselves .. and with them an oath given as confirmation is an end of every dispute
06:17 .. In the same way God .. desiring even more to show to the heirs of the promise the unchangeableness of his purpose ..
......... interposed with an oath
06:18 .. so that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie .. we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement
......... to take hold of the hope set before us
06:19 .. this hope we have as an anchor of the soul .. a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil
06:20 .. where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us .. having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek

Those who have advanced to the very threshold of Christ’s salvation .. even being clearly convicted by the Holy Spirit and fully enlightened in the Word of God as to the way of life .. again turning to trust in dead works and ceremonies .. put Christ to an open shame and will not be renewed again to repentance by the Holy Spirit .. the true believer takes refuge wholly in Christ’s finished work .. in which he finds a hope sure and steadfast leading him heavenward . . . v 4-6 these verses do not apply to backsliders .. for it states that there is no restoration possible after having once fallen away .. the reference is to Hebrews fully enlightened in the prophecies about Christ .. and having seen him and having been carried along by the evident work of the Holy Spirit following his resurrection .. yet rejecting all this light .. for such there was no further conviction .. v 9 shows that this cannot occur to a true believer .. who has “received” not merely “tasted” and is “sealed by the Spirit” .. not merely a “partaker” in his illuminating work

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Hebrews 6

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum