Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:57 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Matthew 11

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image - Right click / Open in new tab

Matthew . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ..... John’s questions

11:01 .. when Jesus had finished giving instructions to his twelve disciples .. he departed from there to teach and preach in their cities
11:02 .. now when John .. while imprisoned .. heard of the works of Christ .. he sent word by his disciples
11:03 .. and said to him . . .are you the expected one .. or shall we look for someone else
11:04 .. Jesus answered and said to them . . . go and report to John what you hear and see
11:05 .. the blind receive sight and the lame walk .. the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear .. the dead are raised up ..
......... and the poor have the gospel preached to them
11:06 .. and blessed is he who does not take offense at me

Solving the Problem of Doubt .. Matthew 11:1–6 Sep 6, 1981 Image

.................. Jesus’ tribute to John

11:07 .. as these men were going away .. Jesus began to speak to the crowds about John . . .
......... what did you go out into the wilderness to see .. a reed shaken by the wind
11:08 .. but what did you go out to see .. a man dressed in soft clothing .. those who wear soft clothing are in kings palaces
11:09 .. but what did you go out to see .. a prophet .. yes .. I tell you .. and one who is more than a prophet
11:10 .. this is the one about whom it is written . . . behold .. I send my messenger ahead of you .. who will prepare your way before you
11:11 .. truly I say to you . . . among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist ..
......... yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he
11:12 .. from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence .. and violent men take it by force
11:13 .. for all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John
11:14 .. and if you are willing to accept it .. John himself is Elijah who was to come
11:15 .. he who has ears to hear . . . let him hear

True Greatness .. Matthew 11:7–15 Sep 13, 1981 Image

11:16 .. but to what shall I compare this generation .. It is like children sitting in the market places .. who call out to the other children
11:17 .. and say . . . we played the flute for you .. and you did not dance .. we sang a dirge .. and you did not mourn
11:18 .. for John came neither eating nor drinking .. and they say . . . he has a demon
11:19 .. the son of man came eating and drinking .. and they say . . . behold .. a gluttonous man and a drunkard .. a friend of tax collectors and sinners ..
......... yet wisdom is vindicated by her deeds

.................. the unrepenting cities

11:20 .. then he began to denounce the cities in which most of his miracles were done .. because they did not repent
11:21 .. woe to you .. Chorazin . . . woe to you .. Bethsaida . . . for if the miracles had occurred in Tyre and Sidon which occurred in you ..
......... they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes
11:22 .. nevertheless I say to you . . . it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you
11:23 .. and you .. Capernaum . . . will not be exalted to heaven .. will you . . . you will descend to Hades ..
......... for if the miracles had occurred in Sodom which occurred in you .. it would have remained to this day
11:24 .. nevertheless I say to you .. that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment .. than for you

Treating Christ with Criticism and Indifference .. Matthew 11:16–24 Sep 20, 1981 Image

.................. come to me

11:25 .. at that time .. Jesus said .. I praise you .. father .. Lord of heaven and earth ..
......... that you have hidden these things from the "wise and intelligent" and have revealed them to infants
11:26 .. yes .. father .. for this way was well-pleasing in your sight

Jesus' Personal Invitation, Part 1 .. Matthew 11:25–26 Oct 4, 1981 Image

11:27 .. all things have been handed over to me by my father .. and no one knows the son except the father ..
......... nor does anyone know the father except the son .. and anyone to whom the son wills to reveal him
11:28 .. come to me .. all who are weary and heavy-laden .. and I will give you rest
11:29 .. take my yoke upon you and learn from me .. for I am gentle and humble in heart .. and you will find rest for your souls
11:30 .. for my yoke is easy .. and my burden is light

Jesus' Personal Invitation, Part 2 .. Matthew 11:27–30 Oct 4, 1981 Image
Giving People the Whole Gospel .. Matthew 11:16-30 Jun 23, 2019 Image

The miracles of Christ are the seal of heaven upon him .. evincing his divine commission .. and proving to this day the truth of his doctrine .. those who will not be prejudiced against him nor scandalized in him .. cannot but be blessed in him .. those who will be yoked with him in his burdens .. will by him .. be lifted out of all their burdens . . . . v 28 this is a pivotal point in the ministry of Jesus .. the Savior-King being spurned by the Jews .. now offers rest and service to all who are conscious of their need .. to these he will GIVE rest (peace with God .. Rom 5:1 .. the rest of salvation) .. and in his service they shall continually FIND rest (the peace of God) .. Phil 4:7

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Matthew 11

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

ImageImage Image

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum