Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:10 pm

001 ... Tires on a frozen Lake .....
At the age of about 14/15, (1972/3) On a Winter nite (10PM), Kevin (My Nephew) and I were walking from Twin Lakes Shopping Mall to My House (2349 Cardinal Dr)
We cut across behind some businesses on the SW corner of 21st and Amidon ... We noticed behind the Uniroyal Auto Repair,
There were about 10 stacks of old tires approx 6 to 7 feet high ... Well, no big deal, right ?? ... just to the south of this was a Sand Pit Lake about a 1/2 mile square totally frozen ... Hmmm !!
The Lake was like down in approx a 10 foot deep crater with steep embankments, Approx 30 ft from the tire stacks ..... Well !!
I looked at the tires and then looked at kevin, Kevin looked at me and then looked at the tires .... light bulbs going off over our heads.
Kevin positioned himself at the beginning of the steep decline .... I started grabbing tires one at a time off the top of the stacks and rolled'em toward Kevin.
Kevin grabbed each tire and positioned it with a shove down the steep embankment and it rolled out onto the frozen lake .... roll / roll / roll ...... until it finally (approx 60 secs later) came to a wobble / wobble and stop
We must have rolled about 50 to 60 (used) tires out all over the Lake .... about two days later, I remember seeing a photo in the wichita Eagle/Beacon's Local Section of the Tires all over the Lake.
dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum