Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:41 am

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... I Corinthians 8

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

I Corinthians . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ..... take care with your liberty

08:01 .. now concerning things sacrificed to idols .. we know that we all have knowledge .. knowledge makes arrogant .. but love edifies
08:02 .. If anyone supposes that he knows anything .. he has not yet known as he ought to know
08:03 .. but if anyone loves God .. he is known by Him

08:04 .. therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols .. we know that there is no such thing as an idol in the world ..
......... and that there is no God but one
08:05 .. for even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth .. as indeed there are many gods and many lords
08:06 .. yet for us there is but one God .. the Father .. from whom are all things and we exist for him .. and one Lord .. Jesus Christ ..
......... by whom are all things .. and we exist through him
08:07 .. however not all men have this knowledge .. but some .. being accustomed to the idol until now, .. eat food as if it were sacrificed to an idol ..
......... and their conscience being weak is defiled
08:08 .. but food will not commend us to God .. we are neither the worse if we do not eat .. nor the better if we do eat
08:09 .. but take care that this liberty of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak
08:10 .. for if someone sees you .. who have knowledge .. dining in an idol’s temple .. will not his conscience .. if he is weak ..
......... be strengthened to eat things sacrificed to idols
08:11 .. for through your knowledge he who is weak is ruined .. the brother for whose sake Christ died
08:12 .. and so .. by sinning against the brethren and wounding their conscience when it is weak .. you sin against Christ
08:13 .. therefore .. if food causes my brother to stumble .. I will never eat meat again .. so that I will not cause my brother to stumble

There is nothing in the distinction of food that will make any distinction between men in God’s account .. and the Christian is free to eat that which the conscience allows .. nevertheless he must be careful how he uses this liberty .. lest it be the occasion of stumbling or hazzard the ruin of one younger and weaker in the faith . . . v 12 injuries done to Christians are injuries done to Christ .. especially to babes in Christ .. weak Christians

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... I Corinthians 8

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum