Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:57 am

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Galatians 5

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Galatians . 01 02 03 04 05 06 ..... walk by the Spirit

05:01 .. It was for freedom that Christ set us free .. therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery
05:02 .. behold I .. Paul .. say to you that if you receive circumcision .. Christ will be of no benefit to you
05:03 .. and I testify again to every man who receives circumcision .. that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law
05:04 .. you have been severed from Christ .. you who are seeking to be justified by law .. you have fallen from grace
05:05 .. for we through the Spirit .. by faith .. are waiting for the hope of righteousness
05:06 .. for in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything .. but faith working through love

05:07 .. you were running well .. who hindered you from obeying the truth
05:08 .. this persuasion did not come from him who calls you
05:09 .. a little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough
05:10 .. I have confidence in you in the Lord that you will adopt no other view ..
......... but the one who is disturbing you will bear his judgment .. whoever he is
05:11 .. but I .. brethren .. if I still preach circumcision .. why am I still persecuted .. then the stumbling block of the cross has been abolished
05:12 .. I wish that those who are troubling you would even mutilate themselves

05:13 .. for you were called to freedom .. brethren .. only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh ..
......... but through love serve one another
05:14 .. for the whole Law is fulfilled in one word .. in the statement . . . you shall love your neighbor as yourself
05:15 .. but if you bite and devour one another .. take care that you are not consumed by one another
05:16 .. but I say .. walk by the Spirit .. and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh

05:17 .. for the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit .. and the Spirit against the flesh .. for these are in opposition to one another ..
......... so that you may not do the things that you please
05:18 .. but if you are led by the Spirit .. you are not under the Law

05:19 .. now the deeds of the flesh are evident .. which are . . . immorality .. impurity .. sensuality
05:20 .. idolatry .. sorcery .. enmities .. strife .. jealousy .. outbursts of anger .. disputes .. dissensions .. factions
05:21 .. envying .. drunkenness .. carousing .. and things like these .. of which I forewarn you .. just as I have forewarned you ..
......... that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God

05:22 .. but the fruit of the Spirit is love .. joy .. peace .. patience .. kindness .. goodness .. faithfulness
05:23 .. gentleness .. self-control .. against such things there is no law
05:24 .. now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires
05:25 .. If we live by the Spirit .. let us also walk by the Spirit

05:26 .. let us not become boastful .. challenging one another .. envying one another

Since we are justified only by faith in Christ Jesus .. not by the righteousness of the law .. let us not again stand in fear of and bondage to legal ordinances .. while our salvation is settled by the work of Christ .. the conflict of sin which still wars in the believer’s members .. may be settled by yieldedness to the Holy Spirit .. who is present in the believer to subdue the fleshly nature and to bear heavenly fruit through our lives . . . . v 4 to “fall from grace” is to fall back on legal ordinances and mix law and grace .. one who is fallen from grace is not a believer who has lost his salvation by failure to do good works (the popular Methodist explanation) .. but one who is doing good works and trusting in them as a means of salvation and sanctification

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Galatians 5

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum