Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... II Timothy 4

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

II Timothy . 01 02 03 04 ..... preach the word

04:01 .. I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus .. who is to judge the living and the dead ..
......... and by his appearing and his kingdom
04:02 .. preach the word .. be ready in season and out of season .. reprove .. rebuke .. exhort .. with great patience and instruction
04:03 .. for the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine .. but wanting to have their ears tickled ..
......... they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires
04:04 .. and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths
04:05 .. but you .. be sober in all things .. endure hardship .. do the work of an evangelist .. fulfill your ministry

04:06 .. for I am already being poured out as a drink offering .. and the time of my departure has come
04:07 .. I have fought the good fight .. I have finished the course .. I have kept the faith
04:08 .. in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness .. which the Lord .. the righteous Judge ..
......... will award to me on that day .. and not only to me .. but also to all who have loved his appearing

.................. Personal Concerns

04:09 .. make every effort to come to me soon
04:10 .. for Demas .. having loved this present world .. has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica .. Crescens has gone to Galatia .. Titus to Dalmatia
04:11 .. only Luke is with me .. pick up Mark and bring him with you .. for he is useful to me for service
04:12 .. but Tychicus I have sent to Ephesus
04:13 .. when you come bring the cloak which I left at Troas with Carpus .. and the books .. especially the parchments
04:14 .. alexander the coppersmith did me much harm .. the Lord will repay him according to his deeds
04:15 .. be on guard against him yourself .. for he vigorously opposed our teaching
04:16 .. at my first defense no one supported me .. but all deserted me .. may it not be counted against them
04:17 .. but the Lord stood with me and strengthened me .. so that through me the proclamation might be fully accomplished ..
......... and that all the Gentiles might hear .. and I was rescued out of the lion’s mouth
04:18 .. the Lord will rescue me from every evil deed .. and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom .. to him be the glory forever and ever . . . amen
04:19 .. greet Prisca and Aquila .. and the household of Onesiphorus
04:20 .. Erastus remained at Corinth .. but Trophimus I left sick at Miletus
04:21 .. make every effort to come before winter .. Eubulus greets you .. also Pudens and Linus and Claudia and all the brethren
04:22 .. the Lord be with your spirit . . . grace be with you

It concerns the witnesses of Christ seriously to consider the account they must give the Lord Jesus Christ of the trust reposed upon them as his representatives .. against the last days when there shall be widespread rejection of the doctrines of Christ .. men grown weary of the plain Gospel and hankering for philosophies .. let us faithfully preach the pure Word of God .. apart from any merely human fancies .. making full proof of our ministry and loving the truth of his return for his own . . . . v 8 "Crown” is a symbol of reward in N.T... here is a special reward promised to those who love the truth of Christ’s second coming and work and long for it .. It is a crown the “post-millennarian” will not receive .. for he hopes to set up the millennium without the presence of the King

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... II Timothy 4

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04

ImageImage Image

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum