Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:59 pm

2007-05-02 . . . Rob ~ I know it's not normal to send
the "thank you's" along with the announcements, but this is a special case . . .

Dear Rob .. Just a little over 18 1/2 years ago (July of 1988) you, along with Betty Born interviened for my unborn son .. I was 17 years old myself and a frightened, pregnant girl .. I was walking toward the entrance door of the abortion clinic on Central Street . . If this mail has made it to the correct address & found you .. well .. you know what this is all about . . . My son .. Aaron is graduating from Trinity Academy .. He is starting at Kansas State University in the fall and has been accepted into the engineering program there. He has grown into a respectful hard working young man .. He has been a true joy & blessing in my life - as well as others . . . I cannot thank you enough for taking the time out of your life that summer day in 1988 . . . you not only helped to save his life .. but mine too ! .. I have dedicated the last 9 years of my life helping others who find themselves facing unplanned pregnancies as God called me to work full-time @ Choices Medical Clinic .. where the testimony of the story that began the day I met you & Betty has given many others the courage & strength to make a decision to give life to their baby (ies) .. I just wanted you to know that I think of you often & am so very thankful that you took a stand for Aaron .... Many blessings .. Tammy

Image Image

2007-05-23 . . . Hi, Rob . . . Thank you for coming to Aaron's graduation. That meant more to us than you know. I had forgotten to tell Aaron that I sent that out to you..I guess I never knew for sure if you had even received it .... Aaron had a priceless look on his face when I told him who you were. He had a look of awe and appreciation on his face as he looked at you standing there at his graduation....knowing that you had intervened on his behalf almost 19 years earlier ..... He has been aware of his story since he was about 10 years old. I had to tell him then, because pastor Joe Wright was at the ground-breaking ceremony for Choices Medical Clinic in 1999 and remembered that I had shared that testimony 8 years before in front of the congregation one Sunday morning. He (Joe) had asked me to return once again to share with the congregation and asked me to bring Aaron along .....

I was worried about how to tell my son that I had intended on aborting him. I didn't want him to think that I didn't want him now, or to always think that I almost hired someone to end his life while in my womb ..... So, after some input from friends and lots of prayer, I sat Aaron down one day and asked him if he knew what abortion was. He said, "That's when someone doesn't want their baby and they give it to someone else." I told him that "that was adoption..kinda". I then went on to explain to him what abortionists do for a living and why I think they do it. I also told him what I thought some of the reasons were for women choosing abortion...whether it be that they were forced to by their parents, felt pressured by the father, or had felt like having the baby would interfere with their goals, baby not the gender they wanted, etc .... Then I told him, "Aaron, I was one of those ladies, and you were one of those babies." He immediately, without pause, stated, "WHEW! That was a close one for me!" I had to chuckle a bit out of amazement for his understanding of the reality of the situation and for realizing how close that really was for him that day back in 1988 .... Many others at the graduation were also touched by your presence Sunday. I hope we didn't overwhelm you too much with all of our boo-hoo'ing :) .....

I'm not sure how much you know about what has gone on with Aaron's story/my testimony over the years, but it has been much more than I would have ever imagined. Including speaking for the parental consent law at the House of Representatives when I was 8 months pregnant with him and then at the Senate when Aaron was only 6 days old. We were also asked to be involved in a panel discussion on the Focus on the Family radio program about 3 years ago, as well as the story being printed in multiple articles .... I'm telling you this so that you may know more of the impact that giving Aaron life has had. I am so very thankful for the privilege to be his mother ....

I also wondered if you could fill me in on something that I just remembered today...the first task force mtg I attended for CMC was two years before we actually opened and I had heard at that mtg that the house @ 538 S. Bleckley had some sort of tie to your sister? Did she live there? I've been very curious about that ....
The main reason I am writing you today is because I not only wanted to thank you again, but wanted you to know that Monday there was a girl who came in to Choices with her mom. She was undecided about what to do with the pregnancy and was considering abortion as an option. They met with a counselor and then I attempted to show her the baby inside her womb. I was a bit concerned when I realized that she was too early in her pregnancy to show her the babies heartbeat, fingers and toes, etc. As I was doing the sonogram, I began telling her my story about Aaron and then proceeded to tell her about his graduation that had just been the day before.

THEN, I told her that you had shown up and how I just started bawling as I hugged your neck and I told them of Aaron's reaction. The girl and her mom were both visibly moved by the fact that you had shown-up to meet and congratulate Aaron after almost 19 years ....

Well, today that girls mom called and left a message with the receptionist to let me know that she and her daughter were extremely moved by my sharing of the story and said, "After that graduation story, my daughter decided that there was no way she could abort this baby." ..... So, another life was saved yesterday....because God has used you again...and this time it was directly related to the fact that you cared enough to take time out of your life and came to meet Aaron at his high school graduation .... I have been telling anyone who will listen about what happened Sunday. Every single one of them has had tears and smiles at the same time .....

All of the Choices staff/volunteers absolutely loved the story of what happened Sunday!!! ..... Please feel free to come by the clinic sometime and have a quick tour. I am generally there Mon-Fri, 8:30-4. I will have quite a few days off soon, due to the fact that I am getting married the end of June..but, you are welcome anytime ..... I'm sorry for all of the rambling. It's getting late and I am tired....I just wanted to make sure that you knew how much that it meant to me ( and to Aaron) BOTH of the times that you have shown-up on his behalf ..... Also, please thank your family for me. I am grateful for their support of you .....

I did have the cash in my hand that day and was walking in for an appointment that I had made...if you and Betty hadn't been there for me, I would have gone in and would NOT have come back out with Aaron. I hope your sons know that their dad has been involved in something far greater and bigger than himself...that ONE encounter has made such a difference in the lives of many ....... May God bless you richly . . . . Tammy Schafer ..
see Tammy's story

Image Image

https://www.facebook.com/events/1669762323237891/
dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum