Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:17 pm

Image Image

Image Image . Genesis . Proverbs . One Chapter for each day of the Month

Proverbs . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ..... Proverbs 1 .....Image

........ The Usefulness of Proverbs

1:01 .. The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel:
1:02 .. To know wisdom and instruction, to discern the sayings of understanding,
1:03 .. To receive instruction in wise behavior, Righteousness, justice and equity;
1:04 .. To give prudence to the naive, to the youth knowledge and discretion,
1:05 .. A wise man will hear and increase in learning, and a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel,
1:06 .. To understand a proverb and a figure, the words of the wise and their riddles.
1:07 .. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

........ The Enticement of Sinners

1:08 .. Hear, my son, your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching;
1:09 .. Indeed, they are a graceful wreath to your head And ornaments about your neck.
1:10 .. My son, if sinners entice you, do not consent.
1:11 .. If they say, “Come with us, let us lie in wait for blood, let us ambush the innocent without cause;
1:12 .. Let us swallow them alive like Sheol, even whole, as those who go down to the pit;
1:13 .. We will find all kinds of precious wealth, we will fill our houses with spoil;
1:14 .. Throw in your lot with us, we shall all have one purse,”
1:15 .. My son, do not walk in the way with them. keep your feet from their path,
1:16 .. For their feet run to evil and they hasten to shed blood.
1:17 .. Indeed, it is useless to spread the baited net in the sight of any bird;
1:18 .. But they lie in wait for their own blood; they ambush their own lives.
1:19 .. So are the ways of everyone who gains by violence; it takes away the life of its possessors.

........ Wisdom Warns

1:20 .. Wisdom shouts in the street, she lifts her voice in the square;
1:21 .. At the head of the noisy streets she cries out; at the entrance of the gates in the city she utters her sayings:
1:22 .. “How long, O naive ones, will you love being simple-minded? and scoffers delight themselves in scoffing and fools hate knowledge?
1:23 .. “Turn to my reproof, behold, I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.
1:24 .. “Because I called and you refused, I stretched out my hand and no one paid attention;
1:25 .. And you neglected all my counsel and did not want my reproof;
1:26 .. I will also laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your dread comes,
1:27 .. When your dread comes like a storm and your calamity comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you.
1:28 .. “Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently but they will not find me,
1:29 .. Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the Lord.
1:30 .. “They would not accept my counsel, they spurned all my reproof.
1:31 .. “So they shall eat of the fruit of their own way and be satiated with their own devices.
1:32 .. “For the waywardness of the naive will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them.
1:33 .. “But he who listens to me shall live securely and will be at ease from the dread of evil.”

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum