Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:19 pm

Image Image

Image Image . Genesis . Proverbs . One Chapter for each day of the Month

Proverbs . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ..... Proverbs 8 .....Image

........ The Commendation of Wisdom

8:01 .. Does not wisdom call, and understanding lift up her voice?
8:02 .. On top of the heights beside the way, where the paths meet, she takes her stand;
8:03 .. Beside the gates, at the opening to the city, at the entrance of the doors, she cries out:
8:04 .. “To you, O men, I call, and my voice is to the sons of men.
8:05 .. O naive ones, understand prudence; and, O fools, understand wisdom.
8:06 .. Listen, for I will speak noble things; and the opening of my lips will reveal right things.
8:07 .. For my mouth will utter truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
8:08 .. All the utterances of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing crooked or perverted in them.
8:09 .. They are all straightforward to him who understands, and right to those who find knowledge.
8:10 .. Take my instruction and not silver, and knowledge rather than choicest gold.
8:11 .. For wisdom is better than jewels; and all desirable things cannot compare with her.

8:12 .. I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, and I find knowledge and discretion.
8:13 .. The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverted mouth, I hate.
8:14 .. Counsel is mine and sound wisdom; I am understanding, power is mine.
8:15 .. By me kings reign, and rulers decree justice.
8:16 .. By me princes rule, and nobles, all who judge rightly.
8:17 .. I love those who love me; and those who diligently seek me will find me.
8:18 .. Riches and honor are with me, enduring wealth and righteousness.
8:19 .. My fruit is better than gold, even pure gold, and my yield better than choicest silver.
8:20 .. I walk in the way of righteousness, In the midst of the paths of justice,
8:21 .. To endow those who love me with wealth, that I may fill their treasuries.

8:22 .. The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way, before His works of old.
8:23 .. From everlasting I was established, from the beginning, from the earliest times of the earth.
8:24 .. When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no springs abounding with water.
8:25 .. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills I was brought forth;
8:26 .. While He had not yet made the earth and the fields, nor the first dust of the world.
8:27 .. When He established the heavens, I was there, when He inscribed a circle on the face of the deep,
8:28 .. When He made firm the skies above, when the springs of the deep became fixed,
8:29 .. When He set for the sea its boundary so that the water would not transgress His command, when He marked out the foundations of the earth;
8:30 .. Then I was beside Him, as a master workman; and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him,
8:31 .. Rejoicing in the world, His earth, and having my delight in the sons of men.

8:32 .. Now therefore, O sons, listen to me, for blessed are they who keep my ways.
8:33 .. Heed instruction and be wise, and do not neglect it.
8:34 .. Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at my doorposts.
8:35 .. For he who finds me finds life and obtains favor from the Lord.
8:36 .. But he who sins against me injures himself; all those who hate me love death.”

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum