Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:41 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Philippians 1

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Philippians . 01 02 03 04 ..... thanksgiving

01:01 .. Paul and Timothy .. bond-servants of Christ Jesus .. to all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi ..
......... including the overseers and deacons
01:02 .. grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ

01:03 .. I thank my God in all my remembrance of you
01:04 .. always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all
01:05 .. in view of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now

01:06 .. for I am confident of this very thing .. that he who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus

01:07 .. for it is only right for me to feel this way about you all .. because I have you in my heart ..
......... since both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel .. you all are partakers of grace with me
01:08 .. for God is my witness .. how I long for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus

01:09 .. and this I pray .. that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment

01:10 .. so that you may approve the things that are excellent .. in order to be sincere and lameless until the day of Christ
01:11 .. having been filled with the fruit of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ .. to the glory and praise of God

.................. the gospel is preached

01:12 .. now I want you to know .. brethren .. that my circumstances have turned out for the greater progress of the gospel
01:13 .. so that my imprisonment in the cause of Christ has become well known throughout the whole praetorian guard and to everyone else
01:14 .. and that most of the brethren .. trusting in the Lord because of my imprisonment ..
......... have far more courage to speak the word of God without fear

01:15 .. some .. to be sure .. are preaching Christ even from envy and strife .. but some also from good will
01:16 .. the latter do it out of love .. knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel
01:17 .. the former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition rather than from pure motives .. thinking to cause me distress in my imprisonment
01:18 .. what then .. only that in every way .. whether in pretense or in truth .. Christ is proclaimed .. and in this I rejoice .. Yes .. and I will rejoice

01:19 .. for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ
01:20 .. according to my earnest expectation and hope .. that I will not be put to shame in anything .. but that with all boldness ..
......... Christ will even now .. as always .. be exalted in my body .. whether by life or by death

.................. to live is Christ

01:21 .. for to me .. to live is Christ and to die is gain

01:22 .. but if I am to live on in the flesh .. this will mean fruitful labor for me .. and I do not know which to choose
01:23 .. but I am hard-pressed from both directions .. having the desire to depart and be with Christ .. for that is very much better
01:24 .. yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake
01:25 .. convinced of this .. I know that I will remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy in the faith
01:26 .. so that your proud confidence in me may abound in Christ Jesus through my coming to you again

01:27 .. only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ .. so that whether I come and see you or remain absent ..
......... I will hear of you that you are standing firm in done spirit .. with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel
01:28 .. in no way alarmed by your opponents .. which is a sign of destruction for them .. but of salvation for you .. and that too .. from God
01:29 .. for to you it has been granted for Christ’s sake .. not only to believe in him .. but also to suffer for his sake
01:30 .. experiencing the same conflict which you saw in me .. and now hear to be in me

Those who desire that Christ may be magnified in their bodies have a holy indifference whether it be by life or death and may rejoice in all their tribulations as Christ’s witnesses .. knowing that the Word of God cannot be Imprisoned and that though things do not turn to their comfort in this world .. by God’s grace .. they will be made to turn to the salvation of others . . . . v 6 It is Christ who begins the good work in us .. it is Christ who carries it on in us .. 2:12-13 .. it is Christ who will ultimately complete that work by transforming us into his own likeness .. 3:21

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Philippians 1

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04

ImageImage

Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum