Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... II Timothy 1

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

II Timothy . 01 02 03 04 ..... Timothy charged to guard his trust

01:01 .. Paul .. an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God .. according to the promise of life in Christ Jesus
01:02 .. to Timothy .. my beloved son . . . grace .. mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord
01:03 .. I thank God .. whom I serve with a clear conscience the way my forefathers did ..
......... as I constantly remember you in my prayers night and day
01:04 .. longing to see you .. even as I recall your tears .. so that I may be filled with joy
01:05 .. for I am mindful of the sincere faith within you .. which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice ..
......... and I am sure that it is in you as well

01:06 .. for this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands

01:07 .. for God has not given us a spirit of timidity .. but of power and love and discipline
01:08 .. therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord or of me his prisoner .. but join with me in suffering for the
......... gospel according to the power of God
01:09 .. who has saved us and called us with a holy calling .. not according to our works .. but according to his own purpose and grace which was
......... granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity
01:10 .. but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus ..
......... who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel

01:11 .. for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle and a teacher
01:12 .. for this reason I also suffer these things .. but I am not ashamed .. for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that he is able to
......... guard what I have entrusted to him until that day
01:13 .. retain the standard of sound words which you have heard from me .. in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus
01:14 .. guard .. through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us .. the treasure which has been entrusted to you
01:15 .. you are aware of the fact that all who are in Asia turned away from me .. among whom are Phygelus and Hermogenes
01:16 .. the Lord grant mercy to the house of Onesiphorus .. for he often refreshed me and was not ashamed of my chains
01:17 .. but when he was in Rome .. he eagerly searched for me and found me
01:18 .. the Lord grant to him to find mercy from the Lord on that day .. and you know very well what services he rendered at Ephesus

The best of Christ’s servants need remembrances .. and what they know .. it is well to be reminded of by Godly men that their faith may be strengthened .. let them not be afraid of suffering for Christ’s sake .. or of owning others who are sufferers for his cause .. for they are called with a holy calling .. as witnesses of God’s eternal purposes in Christ .. and by adherence to him in all circumstances .. may be assured that he honors His testimony in and through them . . . . v 10 the threefold purpose of Christ’s coming is here stated .. 1 to abolish death which is the result of sin .. 2 to bring to light salvation through his finished work .. 3 to illumine the subject of immortality .. which believers are to have through him at his return .. If Jesus had not arisen in a glorified body .. immortality would not have been brought to light

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... II Timothy 1

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04

ImageImage

Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum