Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:46 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... I Peter 1

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

I Peter . 01 02 03 04 05 ..... a living hope .. and a sure salvation

01:01 .. Peter .. an apostle of Jesus Christ .. to those who reside as aliens .. scattered throughout Pontus .. Galatia ..
.......... Cappadocia .. Asia .. and Bithynia .. who are chosen

01:02 .. according to the foreknowledge of God the Father .. by the sanctifying work of the Spirit .. to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood ..
.......... may grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure

01:03 .. blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ .. who according to his great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope
.......... through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
01:04 .. to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away .. reserved in heaven for you
01:05 .. who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time

01:06 .. In this you greatly rejoice .. even though now for a little while .. if necessary .. you have been distressed by various trials
01:07 .. so that the proof of your faith .. being more precious than gold which is perishable .. even though tested by fire ..
.......... may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ
01:08 .. and though you have not seen him .. you love him .. and though you do not see him now .. but believe in him ..
.......... you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory
01:09 .. obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls

01:10 .. as to this salvation .. the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries
01:11 .. seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as he predicted the sufferings
.......... of Christ and the glories to follow
01:12 .. It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves .. but you .. in these things which now have been announced to you
.......... through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven .. things into which angels long to look

01:13 .. therefore .. prepare your minds for action .. keep sober in spirit .. fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you
.......... at the revelation of Jesus Christ
01:14 .. as obedient children .. do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance
01:15 .. but like the Holy One who called you .. be holy yourselves also in all your behavior
01:16 .. because it is written . . . you shall be holy .. for I am holy
01:17 .. If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one’s work ..
.......... conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth

01:18 .. knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers
01:19 .. but with precious blood .. as of a lamb unblemished and spotless .. the blood of Christ
01:20 .. for he was foreknown before the foundation of the world .. but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you
01:21 .. who through him are believers in God .. who raised him from the dead and gave him glory .. so that your faith and hope are in God

01:22 .. since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren ..
.......... fervently love one another from the heart
01:23 .. for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable .. that is ..
.......... through the living and enduring word of God
01:24 .. for .. all flesh is like grass .. and all its glory like the flower of grass .. the grass withers .. and the flower falls off
01:25 .. but the word of the Lord endures forever .. and this is the word which was preached to you

The true Christian’s hope of eternal life and a glorious inheritance through the precious sacrifice and resurrection of Christ ..
is a hope that quickens him to service .. supports him in every trial of faith and conducts him in a way of holiness to heaven . . . v 18-19 the blood of Christ is precious because it redeems v 19 ..
brings us nigh to God - Eph 2:13 .. blots out our sins - Rev 1:5 .. brings peace Col 1:20 .. Justifies - Rom 5:9 .. cleanses - 1 John 1:7

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... I Peter 1

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05

ImageImage

Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum