Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... James 1

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

James . 01 02 03 04 05 ..... testing your faith

01:01 .. James .. a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ .. to the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad . . . greetings

01:02 .. consider it all joy .. my brethren .. when you encounter various trials
01:03 .. knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance
01:04 .. and let endurance have its perfect result .. so that you may be perfect and complete .. lacking in nothing
01:05 .. but if any of you lacks wisdom .. let him ask of God .. who gives to all generously and without reproach .. and it will be given to him
01:06 .. but he must ask in faith without any doubting .. for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea .. driven and tossed by the wind
01:07 .. for that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord
01:08 .. being a double-minded man .. unstable in all his ways
01:09 .. but the brother of humble circumstances is to glory in his high position
01:10 .. and the rich man is to glory in his humiliation .. because like flowering grass he will pass away
01:11 .. for the sun rises with a scorching wind and withers the grass .. and its flower falls off and the beauty
.......... of its appearance is destroyed .. so too the rich man in the midst of his pursuits will fade away
01:12 .. blessed is a man who perseveres under trial .. for once he has been approved ..
.......... he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love him

01:13 .. let no one say when he is tempted . . . I am being tempted by God .. for God cannot be tempted by evil ..
.......... and he himself does not tempt anyone
01:14 .. but each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust
01:15 .. then when lust has conceived .. it gives birth to sin .. and when sin is accomplished .. it brings forth death
01:16 .. do not be deceived .. my beloved brethren
01:17 .. every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above .. coming down from the father of lights ..
.......... with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow

01:18 .. In the exercise of his will he brought us forth by the word of truth .. so that we would be a kind of first fruits among his creatures
01:19 .. this you know .. my beloved brethren .. but everyone must be quick to hear .. slow to speak and slow to anger
01:20 .. for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God
01:21 .. therefore .. putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness .. in humility receive the word implanted ..
.......... which is able to save your souls
01:22 .. but prove yourselves doers of the word .. and not merely hearers who delude themselves
01:23 .. for if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer .. he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror
01:24 .. for once he has looked at himself and gone away .. he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was
01:25 .. but one who looks intently at the perfect law .. the law of liberty .. and abides by it ..
.......... not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer .. this man will be blessed in what he does
01:26 .. If anyone thinks himself to be religious .. and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart ..
.......... this man’s religion is worthless
01:27 .. pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this . . . to visit orphans and widows in their distress ..
.......... and to keep oneself unstained by the world

Such as have a true title in Jesus Christ through faith may expect to be called upon to endure many tests of faith .. but the genuineness of their calling will be manifest by their stability in trial .. their fidelity to God and the principles of Christianity .. their activity in good works and the control of the carnal nature at all times .. God is the source of wisdom and power continually

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... James 1

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05

ImageImage

Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum