Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Titus 1

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Titus . 01 02 03 ..... salutation

01:01 .. Paul .. a bond-servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ .. for the faith of those chosen of God and the
......... knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness
01:02 .. in the hope of eternal life .. which God .. who cannot lie .. promised long ages ago
01:03 .. but at the proper time manifested .. even his word .. in the proclamation with which I was entrusted according to the
......... commandment of God our Savior

01:04 .. to Titus .. my true child in a ccommon faith: grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior

01:05 .. for this reason I left you in Crete .. that you would set in order what remains and appoint elders in every city as I directed you
01:06 .. namely .. if any man is above reproach .. the husband of one wife .. having children who believe ..
......... not accused of dissipation or rebellion

.................. qualifications of elders

01:07 .. for the overseer must be above reproach as God’s steward .. not self-willed .. not quick-tempered .. not addicted to wine ..
......... not pugnacious .. not fond of sordid gain
01:08 .. but hospitable .. loving what is good .. sensible .. just .. devout .. self-controlled

01:09 .. holding fast the faithful word which is in accordance with the teaching ..
......... so that he will be able both to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict

01:10 .. for there are many rebellious men . . . empty talkers and deceivers .. especially those of the circumcision
01:11 .. who must be silenced because they are upsetting whole families .. teaching things they should not teach for the sake of sordid gain

01:12 .. one of themselves .. a prophet of their own .. said .. Cretans are always liars .. evil beasts .. lazy gluttons
01:13 .. this testimony is true .. for this reason reprove them severely so that they may be sound in the faith
01:14 .. not paying attention to Jewish myths and commandments of men who turn away from the truth
01:15 .. to the pure .. all things are pure .. but to those who are defiled and unbelieving .. nothing is pure ..
......... but both their mind and their conscience are defiled
01:16 .. they profess to know God .. but by their deeds they deny him .. being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed

Divine faith rests not on fallible reasonings and opinions of men .. but on the infallible Word of God .. the truth itself which purifies the heart of the believer .. by this mark .. judge of new and strange doctrines .. and stop the mouths of those who handle the Word of God deceitfully

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Titus 1

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03

ImageImage

Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum