Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Matthew 24

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Matthew . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ..... the signs of Christ's coming

See also: the book of Daniel 9-12

24:01 .. Jesus came out from the temple and was going away when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to him
24:02 .. and he said to them . . . do you not see all these things .. truly I say to you .. not one stone here will be left upon another .. which will not be torn down
24:03 .. as he was sitting on the Mount of Olives .. the disciples came to him privately .. saying . . . tell us .. when will these things happen ..
.......... and what will be the sign of your coming .. and of the end of the age

24:04 .. and Jesus answered and said to them . . . see to it that no one misleads you
24:05 .. for many will come in my name .. saying . . . I am the Christ .. and will mislead many

24:06 .. you will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars .. see that you are not frightened .. for those things must take place .. but that is not yet the end
24:07 .. for nation will rise against nation .. and kingdom against kingdom .. and in various places there will be famines and pestilences and earthquakes
24:08 .. but all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs
24:09 .. then they will deliver you to tribulation .. and will kill you .. and you will be hated by all nations because of my name
24:10 .. at that time .. many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another
24:11 .. many false prophets will arise and will mislead many
24:12 .. because lawlessness is increased .. most people’s love will grow cold
24:13 .. but the one who endures to the end .. he will be saved
24:14 .. this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations . . . .
.......... and then the end will come

.................. perilous times

.... A Mohler Image

24:15 .. therefore .. when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet ..
.......... standing in the holy place .. let the reader understand

24:16 .. then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains
24:17 .. whoever is on the housetop must not go down to get the things out that are in his house
24:18 .. whoever is in the field must not turn back to get his cloak
24:19 .. but woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days
24:20 .. but pray that your flight will not be in the winter .. or on a Sabbath
24:21 .. for then there will be a great tribulation .. such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now .. nor ever will
24:22 .. unless those days had been cut short .. no life would have been saved .. but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short
24:23 .. then if anyone says to you . . . behold .. here is the Christ .. or there he is . . . do not believe him
24:24 .. for false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders .. so as to mislead .. if possible .. even the elect
24:25 .. behold .. I have told you in advance
24:26 .. so if they say to you .. behold . . . he is in the wilderness .. do not go out .. or .. behold . . .
.......... he is in the inner rooms .. do not believe them
24:27 .. for just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west .. so will the coming of the Son of Man be
24:28 .. wherever the corpse is .. there the vultures will gather

.................. the glorious return

24:29 .. but immediately after the tribulation of those days .. the sun will be darkened .. and the moon will not give its light ..
.......... and the stars will fall from the sky .. and the powers of the heavens will be shaken
24:30 .. and then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky .. and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn ..
.......... and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory
24:31 .. and he will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together his elect from the four winds ..
.......... from one end of the sky to the other

.................. parable of the fig tree

24:32 .. Now learn the parable from the fig tree . . . when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves ..
.......... you know that summer is near
24:33 .. so .. you too .. when you see all these things .. recognize that he is near .. right at the door
24:34 .. truly I say to you . . . this generation will not pass away until all these things take place Image
24:35 .. heaven and earth will pass away . . . but my words will not pass away

24:36 .. but of that day and hour no one knows .. not even the angels of heaven .. nor the Son .. but the Father alone
24:37 .. for the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah
24:38 .. for as in those days before the flood .. they were eating and drinking .. marrying and giving in marriage ..
.......... until the day that Noah entered the ark
24:39 .. and they did not understand .. until the flood came and took them all away .. so will the coming of the Son of Man be
24:40 .. then there will be two men in the field .. one will be taken and one will be left
24:41 .. two women will be grinding at the mill .. one will be taken and one will be left

.................. be ready for his coming

24:42 .. therefore .. be on the alert .. for you do not know which day your Lord is coming

24:43 .. but be sure of this . . . that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming ..
.......... he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into
24:44 .. for this reason .. you also must be ready . . . for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think he will
24:45 .. who then is the faithful and sensible slave .. whom his master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time
24:46 .. blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes
24:47 .. truly I say to you .. that he will put him in charge of all his possessions
24:48 .. but if that evil slave says in his heart . . . my master is not coming for a long time
24:49 .. and begins to beat his fellow slaves and eat and drink with drunkards
24:50 .. the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him .. and at an hour which he does not know
24:51 .. and will cut him in pieces .. and assign him a place with the hypocrites . . . in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth

The course of the present age is to be marked by wars .. famines .. pestilences .. persecutions .. false Christs .. and religious systems .. increasing in intensity as the age nears its end .. and culminating in tribulation such as the world has never seen .. nor ever shall see again . . . Jesus Christ shall suddenly .. unexpectedly and gloriously appear .. coming in the clouds of heaven with his hosts .. blessed are they who cherish the “blessed hope” Tit 2:13 .. and live in hourly expectation of his coming . . . . the signs of the near return of Jesus are national [Matthew 24:6] .. religious [Matthew 24:11] .. missionary [Matthew 24:14] .. and Jewish [Matthew 24: 32] .. fig tree a type of Israel

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Matthew 24

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

ImageImage Image

Jesus: You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars .. see that you are not frightened .. for those things must take place .. but that is not yet the end .. for nation (ethnic) will rise against nation (ethnic) .. and kingdom against kingdom .. and in various places there will be famines [ and pestilences ] and earthquakes .. but all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs ...... Matthew 24:6-8 viewtopic.php?p=87#p87
dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum