Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... Luke 18

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

Luke . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ..... parables on prayer

18:01 .. now he was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart
18:02 .. saying . . . In a certain city there was a judge who did not fear God and did not respect man
18:03 .. there was a widow in that city .. and she kept coming to him .. saying . . . give me legal protection from my opponent
18:04 .. for a while he was unwilling .. but afterward he said to himself . . . even though I do not fear God nor respect man
18:05 .. yet because this widow bothers me .. I will give her legal protection .. otherwise by continually coming she will wear me out
18:06 .. and the Lord said . . . hear what the unrighteous judge said
18:07 .. now .. will not God bring about justice for his elect who cry to him day and night .. and will he delay long over them
18:08 .. I tell you that he will bring about justice for them quickly .. however .. when the Son of Man comes .. will he find faith on the earth

.................. the Pharisee and the Publican

18:09 .. and he also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous .. and viewed others with contempt
18:10 .. two men went up into the temple to pray .. one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector
18:11 .. the Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself . . . God .. I thank You that I am not like other people ..
......... swindlers .. unjust .. adulterers .. or even like this tax collector
18:12 .. I fast twice a week .. I pay tithes of all that I get
18:13 .. but the tax collector .. standing some distance away .. was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven ..
......... but was beating his breast .. saying . . . God .. be merciful to me .. the sinner
18:14 .. I tell you . . . this man went to his house justified rather than the other .. for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled ..
......... but he who humbles himself will be exalted

18:15 .. and they were bringing even their babies to him so that he would touch them .. but when the disciples saw it .. they began rebuking them
18:16 .. but Jesus called for them .. saying . . . permit the children to come to me .. and do not hinder them .. for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these
18:17 .. truly I say to you .. whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all

.................. the rich young ruler

18:18 .. a ruler questioned him .. saying . . . good teacher .. what shall I do to inherit eternal life
18:19 .. and Jesus said to him . . . why do you call me good .. no one is good except God alone
18:20 .. you know the commandments . . . do not commit adultery .. do not murder .. do not steal .. do not bear false witness ..
......... honor your father and mother
18:21 .. and he said . . . all these things I have kept from my youth
18:22 .. when Jesus heard this .. he said to him . . . one thing you still lack .. sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor ..
......... and you shall have treasure in heaven .. and come .. follow me
18:23 .. but when he had heard these things .. he became very sad .. for he was extremely rich
18:24 .. and Jesus looked at him and said . . . how hard it is for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God
18:25 .. for it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God
18:26 .. they who heard it said . . . then who can be saved
18:27 .. but he said . . . the things that are impossible with people are possible with God

18:28 .. Peter said . . . behold .. we have left our own homes and followed you
18:29 .. and he said to them . . . truly I say to you .. there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children ..
......... for the sake of the kingdom of God
18:30 .. who will not receive many times as much at this time and in the age to come . . . eternal life

18:31 .. then he took the twelve side and said to them . . . behold .. we are going up to Jerusalem ..
......... and call things which are written through the prophets about the Son of Man will be accomplished
18:32 .. for he will be handed over to the Gentiles .. and will be mocked and mistreated and spit upon
18:33 .. and after they have scourged him .. they will kill him .. and the third day he will rise again
18:34 .. but the disciples understood none of these things .. and the meaning of this statement was hidden from them ..
......... and they did not comprehend the things that were said

.................. Bartimaeus receives sight

18:35 .. as Jesus was approaching Jericho .. a blind man was sitting by the road begging
18:36 .. now hearing a crowd going by .. he began to inquire what this was
18:37 .. they told him that Jesus of Nazareth was passing by
18:38 .. and he called out .. saying . . . Jesus .. Son of David .. have mercy on me
18:39 .. those who led the way were sternly telling him to be quiet .. but he kept crying out all the more . . . Son of David .. have mercy on me
18:40 .. and Jesus stopped and commanded that he be brought to him .. and when he came near .. he questioned him
18:41 .. what do you want me to do for you .. and he said . . . Lord .. I want to regain my sight
18:42 .. and Jesus said to him . . . receive your sight .. your faith has made you well
18:43 .. Immediately he regained his sight and began following him .. glorifying God .. and when all the people saw it .. they gave praise to God

Trouble and perplexity should drive us to prayer .. for it is persistent and believing prayer that drives trouble and perplexity away . . . there is .. however .. no way of approach to God on the ground of our own merits .. but only on the ground of God’s mercy as shown at the blood-sprinkled mercy seat (“mercy” is lit. “propitiation” The publican said .. be toward me as thou art when thou lookest upon the atoning blood) . . . True discipleship is conditioned upon receiving the Lord Jesus Christ with the simplicity and humility of a child .. being willing to follow him and submit to his discipline whatever it may cost us in the things of this world .. being confident that whatever we have left behind for his sake will be abundantly made up to us in better things .. both here and hereafter . . . Christ ever speaks of his sufferings as necessary to the fulfillment of Scripture (1 Pet. 1:11) .. his death on Calvary was absolutely essential and would have taken place in any case . . . he came to give his life a ransom .. and therefore did not die as a martyr

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... Luke 18

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum